Custom ringtones

n0m0n

Reaction score
I have been looking to try to choose one of my ringtones for notification confirmations as well as received calls.
All that I have found are the OS ringtones for those 2 operations. (ringtone: DROID)
I have found how to choose from my custom ringtones only for individual contact.

Can someone please tell me how I can get my ringtones to be seen or where to place them so that the Droid sees them?

Thanks

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you want to use a custom ringtone for notifications you need to create a folder on your SD card called notifications and put the ringtones in there (also a ringtones directory for call ringtones and an alarms directory for alarm ringtones if you want those).

zegolf

Reaction score
If you want to use a custom ringtone for notifications you need to create a folder on your SD card called notifications and put the ringtones in there (also a ringtones directory for call ringtones and an alarms directory for alarm ringtones if you want those).

This was a huge help. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm really surprised this wasn't pointed out more by instructions or tutorials!

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score

OK thanks
So I create 3 folders separate (Notification, Alarms, Ringtones) in the root of the SD card?

They are individual folders or do I consolidate them in 1?

Thanks

zegolf

Reaction score
Individual folders. Once you've done that, the phone will automatically detect the files and add them to the list in the settings menu!

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Can I separate the notifications for SMS's and email's when received?

Just to make sure Alrarm's are for alarm, calendar, IM, Tweeter's?

Thanks

bergdev

Reaction score
Assuming drive E: in Winderz, go to E:\Media\Audio and add Alarms, Notifications and Ringtones folders. Then copy your audio files to the appropriate location.