custom ringtone location

mixtape

Reaction score
Hey guys, I sent a custom mp3 ringtone to my Droid via bluetooth. It looks like by default it stores the file on the SD card. Is there a way to transfer it to the phone itself? On my enV Touch, I could go into settings, memory, and transfer files from the card to the phone for faster access. Plus I might swap cards out a lot, so I'd hate to lose custom ringtones every time I change cards. I much rather keep a few photos, ringtones, etc on the phone itself. Is it possible?

Thanks so much :)

OP
mixtape

mixtape

Reaction score
Also, when I play mp3 music in the media player, there are ringtones playing in there too. So I have a full song followed by a 20 second ringtone :icon_eek:. How can I organize this better?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks like by default it stores the file on the SD card. Is there a way to transfer it to the phone itself?
If you root but there's no need to go through that.

Just make a folder for Ringtones, Notifications and Alarms (most place them under a Media folder) on your SD card and stick your tones in the appropriate folders.

Put a Music folder in there while you're at it and make sure all your music is in there.