Custom Notifications Not Working?

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
I tried to change the main notification sound on the phone by make a notification folder on the usb card. It tried to use various short mp3s I got off the internet...

When I set a notification sound the phone did not come with it will only ring when I tether the phone to the PC, the other times such as untethering and turning the phone on and off, I get a rapid fire 5 beep sound that is not even one of the notification sounds on the phone. I have tired various mp3s and turning off and on etc all with the same result. When I switch back to a factory installed notification it works fine for all the times it should.

Any Ideas? Thanks

OP
S

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
If no one knows how to fix this at least tell me...does anyone know what that rapid fire 5 beep sound is? Is it an error beep? Has anyone heard it b4?

Thanks

I hate caling and resetting my phone over and over, I have had so many problems with it at this point (although this is the least bad one).

zook_b

Reaction score
Mine works fine AFTER the update. It kept using the stock "DROID" notification up until that time. I was trying to use a different ringtone for each email and would not let me up until installing that update.

OP
S

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
thanks for your response. My prob it not with the mail and text notification but the general notificaion sound such as when mounting and unmounting, turning on and off. Unfortunatley I did not try to do this until after the update so idk if it would have worked b4 the update. I am also having a lot of sluggishness now with not being able to scroll the keyboard not working right and it asking me to log into internet accounts multiple times b4 it will actually log on.

I guess I am going to have to do ANOTHER hard reset ugh.

zook_b

Reaction score
Are you using a task killer?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

zook_b

Reaction score
Just wondering I have had a lot of people have random issues when using task killers.

OP
S

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
I just did a reset and now the phone wont come on at all. I have really had it with this phone. I have not been actually able to use it since I got it.

castermmt

Reaction score
Did you do a hard reset by taking the battery out and reinstalling it?

Last edited:

zook_b

Reaction score
Did you do a hard reset by taking the battery out and reinstalling it?

Yeah. Do a battery pull. If that doest work do a barrel roll and use the boost to get through.

zook_b

Reaction score
So to disclose, i work at Best Buy Mobile.

You could always take it in to a Best Buy Mobile and see if some one there could get it working for you. They should be more than willing to help you out with your phone. If you are in Asheville, NC anytime soon come to mine in the mall. Lol