Custom Not. Bar Icon!?

andykd88

Reaction score
Basically what I want is to have a dancing Kirby icon in my notification bar. Like use up 3 spaces on my notification bar and have him walk back and forth and do a little dance and such. He would disappear when a real notification comes in and reappear when the notification was addressed. And then be able to change him to any character I can make icons for...like mega man!

So...is writing Android apps hard? I am a TOTAL noob at this...I'm not expecting any comforting answers :(

Also, if you pull the not. bar down, you can touch the running app to load the app. where you can change the character, download more characters, or just turn it off!

How much do I need to pay a developer to make this for me!? hell, he could just charge for it on the market and I'd pay for each character!

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I'm sorry that I don't have any advice for you, but what I can say is if you go end up making it, or finding one, let me know, i'd pay a few bucks for a kirby or mario in my notification baf

OP
A

andykd88

Reaction score
Well I've never developed anything in my life other than a webpage in HTML....so I guess I'm going to have to learn how to manipulate someone else's code to do what I want it to. That being said, my friend and I will attempt to somewhat half-ass learn how to make android apps (but not really) to accomplish my dream app!

What I need from you guys is a link, or some kind of direction to head in. I feel the easiest way to make a notification bar with a dancing Kirby on it is to take the preexisting code from some random "SMS Faker" app and rewrite it to show a picture of Kirby instead of a postcard, or a picture of an envelope. And I'll try to figure out how to make the app send updated pictures to the not. bar (like a new txt will change the icon to a picture of an envelope with the number 2 over it...then 3...then 4 as new txts come in)

But in this case the 2,3,4 would be different sprite images of Kirby in various stages of dance! I will need to figure out how to make the app send these updated pictures in constant rapid succession so as to make it look like kirby is dancing at full speed, instead of at ... idk...1 fps.

So...anybody got some SMS Faker code laying around I can mod? :)

OP
A

andykd88

Reaction score
thx. I think the simplest way to explain to people what I mean is to simply take this screenshot and ask how do I change that envelope to be ANY picture I CHOOSE?! And what such a line of code would look like :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-26 at 2.23.03 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-02-26 at 2.23.03 PM.png
    4 KB · Views: 145