Missing icons in notification bar?

Scott0719

Reaction score
So in the notification bar I have the battery circle app, then there is a blank space which I think is for an auto rotate app but the icon doesnt show, and then lookout security icon. How come there is a space there? The same thing happens when I turn off data. Theres a blank space between my wifi and signal bars. Is this normal? Or is something wrong?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Can you take a screenshot and post it? From what you describe it sounds like your 4g icon is missing. Did you turn 4g off?

David

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
I can't seem to figure out how to attach a picture. I'm using the drops forums app. The 3G/4G icon only disappears when I disable data. But it just leaves a blank spot instead of moving things over.

Detonation

Reaction score
I know this is an old topic but I can explain why there is a gap if anyone is wondering. The stock ICS signal/data layout overlays the network and traffic arrows on top of the signal. However because Moto wanted to keep them separate like in Gingerbread, they had modify it. Unfortunately they took the lazy route, keeping them overlayed but making all the images twice as wide, keeping the signal right aligned and the data left aligned. So when data is off, that gap to the left of the signal remains there (because its twice as wide).

The proper way of doing this is to modify the signal layout xml, and specify that the data sits next to the signal instead of on top of it, so when its not visible it doesn't take up space. Not sure why Moto didn't do this, though it doesn't really surprise me.

Short answer is that you're not missing any icons, it's just bad Motorola coding.