Custom Folder Icons?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge Plus' started by bridge47, Apr 16, 2015.

1. bridge47

bridge47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy s6
    Hi!

I feel like I have exhausted the internet looking for an answer to this and thought you guys could help.
    All I want is to use a custom icon for folders. That's it. I am aware of many apps that allow you to change app icons, but not folders.
    I know this is possible by changing the launcher, but that sounds scary to me....

Thanks!

2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,387
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    It's not scary at all to change the launcher! It's just another app that replaces your homescreen. You're not removing anything that you might need later if you ever decide to go back.

If all you're worried about is folders though, that could be a bit of overkill. And, while many launcher replacements offer the ability to "clone" even the stock homescreens, there's still a bit of setup and you'd have a lot of bells and whistles that you don't really need.

Here are a few Folder apps that say they allow you to change the folder icon/etc. I used Folder Organizer a LONG time ago, but other than that, I don't really have any experience with these, so I can't offer much more advice on them.

Folder Organizer lite - Android Apps on Google Play This is the free version. There's also a paid version that may offer more features and/or have no ads, but I figure this is a good place for you to start to see if it'll do what you want.

Here's the full list I found when I searched. Folder Organizer was the only one of the few that I dug into that said you could change the folder icon, but others might offer the same feature.

folder organizer - Android Apps on Google Play

• Like Like x 1
  3. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,707
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Welcome to the forum @bridge47!
    Hopefully we can help you find a solution. Let us know how the suggestion Jonny provided works for you. Good luck!

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page
android custom folder icon
android folder icon
android folder icon change
change android folder icon

change folder icon android

folder icon changer android
folder icons android
galaxy s6 folder icon
how to change folder icon in android