Custom Folder Icons?

bridge47

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s6
Hi!

I feel like I have exhausted the internet looking for an answer to this and thought you guys could help.
All I want is to use a custom icon for folders. That's it. I am aware of many apps that allow you to change app icons, but not folders.
I know this is possible by changing the launcher, but that sounds scary to me....

Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's not scary at all to change the launcher! It's just another app that replaces your homescreen. You're not removing anything that you might need later if you ever decide to go back.

If all you're worried about is folders though, that could be a bit of overkill. And, while many launcher replacements offer the ability to "clone" even the stock homescreens, there's still a bit of setup and you'd have a lot of bells and whistles that you don't really need.

Here are a few Folder apps that say they allow you to change the folder icon/etc. I used Folder Organizer a LONG time ago, but other than that, I don't really have any experience with these, so I can't offer much more advice on them.

Folder Organizer lite - Android Apps on Google Play This is the free version. There's also a paid version that may offer more features and/or have no ads, but I figure this is a good place for you to start to see if it'll do what you want.

Here's the full list I found when I searched. Folder Organizer was the only one of the few that I dug into that said you could change the folder icon, but others might offer the same feature.

folder organizer - Android Apps on Google Play