CTIA Day One Device Pics: LG Spectrum

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lgspectrum-with-logo.JPG

Here's one that is already on Verizon. The LG Spectrum is designed for the mid-range crowd and looks to pack some serious "bang-for-your-buck." Here are its specs:
  • 4G LTE plus Snapdragon™ S3 1.5GHz dual-core processor
  • 1GB Ram
  • 4.5" True HD IPS display
  • 1280 x 720 pixel resolution
  • Android™ 2.3 (Gingerbread)
  • 8MP Rear Camera & 1.3MP Front Camera
  • 1830 mAh
What do you guys think of this one? It's been out for a bit already, but is it worth checking out again?

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oops. Yep... forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder MuffStuff. Story corrected. :)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Feel free to share what your thoughts are on the device. We would love to hear your impressions when you have time away from creating themes. :)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How does vzw determine what's low, mid, and high end? I look at the Spectrum, and the last thing I see is mid tier. It has the specs of the ReZound, and a larger display to boot. That is also 720p.

I guess it's like last year when the Revolution was mid tier, but the Thunderbolt was high end. Despite them have identical hardware.

wildbiehl

Reaction score
I have this phone... it's very well worth the money. Development is VERY slow, but having it rooted helps get rid of the bloatware. With JuiceDefender I can go all day (~16hrs) without a charge. Standard UI is okay, takes some getting used to but I always fall back to Go Launcher EX. Some of the UI (charging wallpaper/lock screen) I really like... came from Moto Droid OG. This was a major upgrade.

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
How is this mid-range? Aren't the specs nearly identical to those of the Galaxy SIII (US version), which is supposed to be a high-end phone?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Skyrocketing said:
How is this mid-range? Aren't the specs nearly identical to those of the Galaxy SIII (US version), which is supposed to be a high-end phone?

GS3 will have a S4 Snapdragon while the above has S3.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
GS3 will have a S4 Snapdragon while the above has S3.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Oh, didn't notice that little detail! Do you know why the S4 is better than the S3? Does it simply have a greater clock speed or is there more to it? I don't have that extensive knowledge of how processors work.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Oh, didn't notice that little detail! Do you know why the S4 is better than the S3? Does it simply have a greater clock speed or is there more to it? I don't have that extensive knowledge of how processors work.

Smaller die size makes it power power efficient and produce less heat (28nm vs 45nm).
Better architecture makes it faster, A9(or A15...i cant remember) vs A8.
Different gpu, adreno 225 vs adreno 220(50% faster).
Plus integrated 4G antenna uses 47% less power.
PLUS...i believe it allows the use of less power hungry RAM.

So its better in virtually every way.

Last edited: