CTIA Day One Device Pics: LG Optimus 4X HD

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
optimus4xhd-with-logo.JPG

We have a slew of device pics for you guys to check out. While most of these devices are not necessarily coming to Verizon, they are on the CTIA exhibit floor, so we wanted to showcase as many as we could. This first one above is the LG Optimus 4X HD. Here's a spec list for it:
  • 4.7 inches IPS LCD (1280 x 720 res)
  • Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core 1.5 GHz
  • 1 GB RAM DDR2
  • Storage 16 GB
  • Front Camera 1.3 megapixels
  • Rear Camera 8 megapixels
  • Android 4.0
  • Battery 2150 mAh
This one is a GSM phone for now, and there is no word on if it will come to VZW at all. It seems pretty beefy. Is this one any of you guys would like to see come to Big Red?

jerkwad

Reaction score
that's a pretty impressive feature set! DDR2 (i thought ddr was still standard) AND that battery (NICE) - oh and not to mention the Quad-Core setup. Pretty impressive - of course it still depends on how that screen looks in person - can't STAND a pixelated piece of garbage like we see on the RAZR, among others.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Now that its known that a dual core S4 is more powerful vs this....Im a little less impressed. BUT either way. its still a power house.

npro1464

Reaction score
Someone said LG phones take kickass photos. Looks like they've come a long way since the enV Touch I was once stuck with. Dont know if it will catch on or get much dev support, but definitely a phone to consider.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
jerkwad said:
that's a pretty impressive feature set! DDR2 (i thought ddr was still standard) AND that battery (NICE) - oh and not to mention the Quad-Core setup. Pretty impressive - of course it still depends on how that screen looks in person - can't STAND a pixelated piece of garbage like we see on the RAZR, among others.

Best looking screen I have seen on a smartphone. It is truly amazing. I did a walk through with their media guy. Screen is AWESOME. Graphics are BEAUTIFUL.

jerkwad

Reaction score
Best looking screen I have seen on a smartphone. It is truly amazing. I did a walk through with their media guy. Screen is AWESOME. Graphics are BEAUTIFUL.

That's great news! hopefully it won't render that 2150mAh battery useless after 6 hours ;-) Did you get a chance to hold the phone?

Oh yeah - it wouldn't surprise me to see this never make it to VzW. *sad face*

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's strange to me is that some of the new Sonys are lacking the battery power of some newer models coming out. 1300mAh isn't getting it done anymore. LG has battery life, resolution, and 2 gigs of Ram on one newer model. Guess we'll see who competes with them.