CTIA Day One Device Pics: Huawei Ascend P1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ascendp1-with-logo.JPG

We have some pics of the Huawei Ascend P1, as well as some hands-on impressions from our ground crew. Here's what "ck" had to say about the device:

We don't have a firm release date. The unit was running stock ICS, and the rep couldn't say if carriers will add their own UI, or which carriers will get it. The build quality was just ok, but not terrible. It felt light in hand. I was not that impressed considering what I've seen from HTC, LG at the event. The screen didn't appear to be 4.3" (maybe that was because my RAZR is wider and beefier) but the illusion was that it was smaller. The TI OMAP 4460 handled video and games pretty well. I did notice some slight scrolling lag when I put a LWP on it.

ascendp1_a-with-logo.JPG

The phone is a slightly thicker version of the Huawei Ascend P1 S. The "S" version was launched as a super thin premium option. Besides the thickness, the two phones have nearly identical specs:
  • 4.3-inch Super AMOLED screen
  • 1.5GHz TI processor
  • 8MP camera
  • 1.3MP front camera
Hmmm... it would seem from his first impression of the device that Huawei still has some room for improvement.

Last edited:

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Now if they would have released they when they said they were making it...it would have been a good selling phone. Now by the time it comes out, its just going to be a lower tier phone. unless im missing something and they have already been selling it.

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
Just a note, you wrote 1.3MP rear camera, and I think it should be the front-facing camera! Other than that, the device itself looks nice.