Crashed, screen went black, won't start...

elyshalynn

Reaction score
I was charging my phone via my laptop because i didn't have a wall plug handy, was doing random **** online, whatever. I received a text, and literally in the middle of the notification "ding" my phone went black and now wont start. Battery was really low (phone had just died like 10 minutes prior, hence why it was plugged into my laptop). Tried pulling the battery, still no re-boot. Not even a backlight, "M" logo, nothing. The little side light next to the usb port lights up when plugged in but thats about it.

Anyone else have this problem? or even heard of it happening? Im trying to avoid tearing someone a new asshole at Verizon bright and early tomorrow morning...

Words cannot describe my aggravation at the moment.

JCo352

Reaction score
Use the wall charger, and your phone will be okay.

DGK-ShoGUN

Reaction score
man this happend to me to and as i speak my droid is sitting in my room on my table, i called customer support and they had me pull the battery try to reboot into recovery everything and nothing works. i had about 50% of power left when it happend. It wont turn on or anything like you said the only thing that works is the white light on the side when the usb is plugged in. also my computer can find it but wont open it. none the less the sent me a new one which should arrive tomorrow, so im guessing thats what they will do for you

*also tried plugging it into the wall and nada

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You know, chances are more then likely that the battery is just bad. Take it to a verizon store and let them try a new battery and I bet it works.

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Is the battery swollen at all?

Do you have a multi-meter handy?

My guess is failed battery, don't fret, easy fix...

-Mike

DGK-ShoGUN

Reaction score
I just got my replacement phone yesterday and the battery works fine in this phone.

bje1982

Reaction score
I was charging my phone via my laptop because i didn't have a wall plug handy, was doing random **** online, whatever. I received a text, and literally in the middle of the notification "ding" my phone went black and now wont start. Battery was really low (phone had just died like 10 minutes prior, hence why it was plugged into my laptop). Tried pulling the battery, still no re-boot. Not even a backlight, "M" logo, nothing. The little side light next to the usb port lights up when plugged in but thats about it.

Anyone else have this problem? or even heard of it happening? Im trying to avoid tearing someone a new asshole at Verizon bright and early tomorrow morning...

Words cannot describe my aggravation at the moment.

Like someone already said my phones died before and it will not turn back on charging thru laptop so I plug it in the wall and it boots right up.. You got a replacement for that?