Crappy quadrant scores especially in IO- ideas of the cause?

angelman

Reaction score
My phone has been running pretty poorly recently. Same old Android story. whether it's stock or a custom ROM. Everything starts out great then slowly phone gets slower and slower. I tried various ROMS, apps like lagfix (which definitely helps a bit) but still it just gets laggier and laggier. A fresh factory reset, new rom and new app installs clears things up for a while.
Curious I ran quadrant and compared to my wife's stock Razr. My phone is running quite a bit slower than hers. Not only that quadrant shows that whilst CPU and Memory are matching up with the Quadrant standard for a Nexus, IO is very poor indeed (maybe 4x slower), 2d scores are probably 50% of stock.
Any thoughts on this? I have 16GB left on the memory card. Of course it is not a totally fair comparison as my phone has a bunch of apps and things but I thought maybe the IO slowness might point to a particular culprit.
When I first installed the ROM (and my apps) the camera for example was super fast.
I am running mmuzzy 4.2 JOP40C kernel 3.031 baseband I515.09 V.FC04
I think there are newer ROMS out there but I doubt they would make a significant difference in this case.
ANy thoughts?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are you using any apps that use update intervals or use alot of background resources?