cpu

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Could've sworn AOKP came with a built in CPU clocker in the settings...

Well if it doesn't you can use an app like SetCPU

OP
A

androidkrazer

Reaction score
I am able to access the built in cpu counter but I was seeing places that you can raise the cap to overclock your cpu over the 1.6 ghz limit.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I am able to access the built in cpu counter but I was seeing places that you can raise the cap to overclock your cpu over the 1.6 ghz limit.

If the limit is 1.6 then your going to need a different kernel(if you want a higher clock speed). different kernels have different limits. technically 1.6 is over clocked. Dont go above 1.9ghz, i like 1.7 personally

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Keep in mind that overclocking too high could lead to your phone being unstable (FCs, reboots, buggy, etc.) Each phone reacts differently to different clock speeds. Also keep in mind that overclocking will lead to faster battery drain and you may not notice a real difference in performance between stock and whatever speed you want.

I personally use the built in clocker to underclock my device sometimes just to stretch battery life a bit more in situations where I won't be near a charger for awhile and it's come in handy many times.

OP
A

androidkrazer

Reaction score
I run mine min. . 3 GHz and 1.3 GHz max. Is that good or should I lower my max cpu power?

OP
A

androidkrazer

Reaction score
So it wont hurt it over time if I just leave max at 1.6 ghz which is the max for this rom