Sync Calendars between two phones

shana4222

Reaction score
How can I sync calendars between two Samsung Galaxy S3 phones? I want to be able to sync up my calendar with my husbands. Thanks!

huskur

Reaction score
Good Question! That would be a very good idea to keep each other up to date........

Sal R.

Reaction score
Log in to your gmail account via browser and share a calendar. Once that's done, go to the calendar app in each of your phones. Under the settings, click to display the shared calendar.

OP
S

shana4222

Reaction score
Neither of us have gmail accounts (or do we?), we both use Hotmail. The calendar I use is the stock calendar that came on our phones. If I go into that calendar, there is a sync option. When I click that it says "syncing" but, what is it syncing to?

Sal R.

Reaction score
I guessing that you *should* have gmail accounts, especially if you're downloading apps from the play store (not that you have use gmail as your email client).

I'm not too familiar with the S3 calendar app, but I'm guessing are two options for storing/syncing calendar data: phone only or google calendar.

You'll want to use google calendar to enable syncing your and your husbands calendars.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Sal R. is correct. @shana If you are using android then you should have a Gmail account unless you do not download any apps. Also the default calendar for S3 has a Calendars menu in the settings of the calendar app. In there you choose which calendar to use i.e. (gmail, other, my calendar(this is phone storage) . I know you have a already have a Yahoo account, but you honestly cannot get a full android experience without a Gmail account.

matonanjin

Reaction score
How?

Log in to your gmail account via browser and share a calendar. Once that's done, go to the calendar app in each of your phones. Under the settings, click to display the shared calendar.

How do I log in to my gmail account via my browser?

huskur

Reaction score
or log in by using the gmail app itself or you can add the account in your settings under "accounts"

matonanjin

Reaction score
Go Big Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or log in by using the gmail app itself or you can add the account in your settings under "accounts"

Thanks for the response. I just joined and haven't filled in on my profile. But I am also from the Land of the Big Red! (Omaha)

Thanks again. I did figure it out.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I find that my gmail calendar syncs to my phone, but not the inverse. When I make a note on my phones calender it never shows up on my laptop. Am I missing something. I have tried the sync button in the app, but still doesn't show up on my laptop Google calender, so I don't think it would show up on my wife's calender either. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have been trying to find a solution for the same thing, sharing a calender with my wife.