couple ?'s

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by WsW-WYATT-EARP, Jun 5, 2012.

1. WsW-WYATT-EARP

WsW-WYATT-EARP New Member

Just to be sure I am right. My nexus is rooted and cwm installed. It says currently running Android 4.0.2. I keep getting ota notice. I have nandroid, am I able to flash any rom ?

Thanks, just want to be sure I am going in the right direction instead of screwing up something.

Ben
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Yes as long as you have clockwork recovery installed, you can install any ROM you want on your phone.
    Three things to make sure you do:

1) Make sure you make a backup prior to flashing anything, I know you said you have nandroid. I just want to make sure you make a backup prior to flashing something, always a good idea to have a fallback option.

2) Make sure the ROM you want to install is made for your device, as there are 3 different Galaxy Nexuses now. Unfortunately ROMs aren't interchangeable. Some other things like kernels, themes, and some mods may be. But a full ROM isn't.

Maguro = GSM Galaxy Nexus
    Toro = VZW GN
    ToroPlus = Sprint GN

3) Also, another thing is to make sure you follow the instructions of your ROM. Some may have a slightly different install method than others.
  3. WsW-WYATT-EARP

WsW-WYATT-EARP New Member

Cupfull ,

Thanks for the reply and guidance. I just got my nexus Sunday and barely have anything on it , otherwise I would back up apps and everything else like I have read.

Thanks again!
    Ben