couple of question

S

spacemanps

okay so i rooted, and installed bugless 7.4... its nice i have it running 550mhz usually but sometimes when i am messing around a lot i bump it up to 800.. i dont use it that much and was debating going to 8.6..

i have a couple of questions about doing this...
1) will my data be erased.. (ie programs contacts etc)
2)How do i back up my ringtone data in contacts, so i have individual ring tones for contacts.. how do i back that up.

oh and on a unrelated note...

where the hell is "history" i closed a website by mistake and couldnt find a list of my recently visited sites

crspang

Reaction score
For history press the bookmark beside the address bar when it comes up the far right tab at the top is your history.

If you use the advanced nandroid backup method to update ROMs your data will be erased.
For more specific answers you should probably post questions in the Hacking section of this forum.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
okay so i rooted, and installed bugless 7.4... its nice i have it running 550mhz usually but sometimes when i am messing around a lot i bump it up to 800.. i dont use it that much and was debating going to 8.6..

i have a couple of questions about doing this...
1) will my data be erased.. (ie programs contacts etc)
2)How do i back up my ringtone data in contacts, so i have individual ring tones for contacts.. how do i back that up.

oh and on a unrelated note...

where the hell is "history" i closed a website by mistake and couldnt find a list of my recently visited sites

If you use the Nandroid back up method, your data will be lost. If you use the update.zip method, your data will not be lost. See instructions below from Pete's page at alldroid:

Update.zip Installation Info & Instructions (No Data Loss):
-You can upgrade from any rooted ROM that is 2.0.1
-Be sure to have signed into your Google account before installing
-Update (if available) all of your apps before installing
-Download update.zip
-Uninstall any apk & odex files I previously moved to /data (Only If Installing Over 0.7 Or Previous ROMS)
-Place update.zip on the root of sdcard
-Reboot into recovery
-Install
-Allow update.zip installation
-Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
-Enjoy!

Nandroid Backup Installation Instructions:
-Update (if available) all of your apps before installing
-Backup any files you wish to restore, this will wipe /data
-Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Wipe cache partition
-Backup/Restore
-Advanced Nandroid Restore
-Choose backup (select the ROM)
-Perform Restore
-Enjoy!

Also, don't forget that Pete has a donate link on that page: http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=1553