Couple Facebook Questions

Future24

Reaction score
Is the Facebook App worth getting? I heard it slows your phone down and drains battery. Is this still true?

Also how can I sync my contacts to get their facebook pics?

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It no more of a battery vampire than any other app.

It will sync you contacts for you and grab the pics I believe. But it will be ALL your friends. I do not use that option.

DayDay

Reaction score
I have had the FB app on my phone since day one... From my experience FB has never had a flawless app on any platform, but I haven't noticed a slow in the phone. I wouldn't deter anyone from downloading it :) Pretty sure you can sync the contact through settings, I have never bothered though.

Firesong3k

Reaction score
I've used the FB app since day 1 of my droid and never had any problems with it. As far as battery useage I'm quite a heavy user throughout the day (web, text, voice, and numerous apps) and I still get a full day with the battery. As far as syncing goes you have the option under the FB settings to choose how... all FB contacts, only existing phone contacts, or not at all.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xbenzerox

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get the icon back on your screen? i dragged it to the trashcan by accident and now it's not in my app drawer. I see it in the "my accounts" folder, but where the hell is the little icon to put on a home screen?

msuperbauer

Reaction score
I've used the FB app since day 1 of my droid and never had any problems with it. As far as battery useage I'm quite a heavy user throughout the day (web, text, voice, and numerous apps) and I still get a full day with the battery. As far as syncing goes you have the option under the FB settings to choose how... all FB contacts, only existing phone contacts, or not at all.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This didnt work on my X, I had that option on my droid 1 but not my X, please advise!!! Making me CRAZY with all my facebook peeps!!