"Could not be downloaded. Free up some space on your phone and try again."

bluntfingers

Reaction score
Ive recently flashed a different ROM to my phone and i love it but i have one problem. When i try to download anything it gives me this error message: "Could not be downloaded. Free up some space on your phone and try again." I figured this is because the phone automatically saves downloads to the phone instead of the SD. So does anyone know how i can fix this and save on to my SD again?

PS: sorry if someone already asked this, i didn't see any posts relating to this so i decided to post it. :icon_ banana:

OP
B

bluntfingers

Reaction score
I have a SCH-I500 with verizon and im running Jt's Super Clean DI01. After messing with this lastnight though, i noticed that i can still download apps and songs. the only app that seems to be doing this now is Caller ID Faker. when i try to download a call i made i notice the file name is <unknown> and thats when i get the error that i dont have enough space.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Posting in the correct area may help you get an answer. Unfortunately I know nothing about the Fascinate but maybe someone will see your post here and help.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
I have a SCH-I500 with verizon and im running Jt's Super Clean DI01. After messing with this lastnight though, i noticed that i can still download apps and songs. the only app that seems to be doing this now is Caller ID Faker. when i try to download a call i made i notice the file name is <unknown> and thats when i get the error that i dont have enough space.

Check your as card it might be full and what could help is update your phone to eb01 d101 is a little to far back for people to help

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ive recently flashed a different ROM to my phone and i love it but i have one problem. When i try to download anything it gives me this error message: "Could not be downloaded. Free up some space on your phone and try again." I figured this is because the phone automatically saves downloads to the phone instead of the SD. So does anyone know how i can fix this and save on to my SD again?

PS: sorry if someone already asked this, i didn't see any posts relating to this so i decided to post it. :icon_ banana:

What r u downloading? most stuff will save to the sd card unless your installing from the market....how many apps are you running?

OP
B

bluntfingers

Reaction score
My real problem is caller id faker. its definitely my phone or something because friends have been able to download my file if i email it to them but i still cant download the file if i email it to myself. When i go to download a phone call i made with caller id faker it says i dont have enough space on my card, but in reality i have over 11Gb left on the card.... and the file is only a few KB to begin with.... hmmmm

Also, i am on EB01 now. same problem

tkimball00

Reaction score
I have the OG Droid running LGB v1.3 and SS 5.01 and I would receive the same message when downloading from the market and I did check my phone and SD and both had plenty of room. If I just re-downloaded it then it would work fine. It is annoying as hell though.

UsaPride

Reaction score
I had this problem after flashing a new rom too. Internal memory goes to 0 and you can't download a thing. You have to unroot with flashing the stock rom then root again and flash sc or whatever rom your running. Its a pain but that's the only way I could fix it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

androidfreak

Reaction score
I had to reinstall the ROM and that fixed my problem. It has happened to me a couple of times. It is a pain, but it has to be done.

Rsswga

Reaction score
i ran into this when i restored app and data from titantium backup..i went into clockwork recovery wipped data..installed everything one by one thru the market..no problems then

The Red X

Reaction score
Fix

Just boot into recovery and wipe your dalvik cache... should solve your problem.