Cosmic App

LordKastle

Reaction score
Cosmic App For Us Creatures of the Cosmos

Found a decent app on the marketplace...

has maps, images, and other readings of all types of goodies...I use the word cosmic.

Look for "Space Weather" or "Astra" in the marketplace...In the marketplace its listed as Space Weather but when you open the app its named "Astra"

Checking out sun spots right now and solar flares.

But it has other things like aviation maps, radio frequency, electric and conduction fields of earth, ionosphere map imaging and readings, atmospheric map imaging, other types of readings like auroral activity, weather imaging of earth, track the space shuttle and coming soon a NASA/Deep Space operation section.

Last edited:
OP
L

LordKastle

Reaction score
Due to the original post being tough to decipher what exactly it does...I'll summarize here in one sentence instead of listing its capabilities.

For us creatures of the cosmos this app allows us to monitor much of the activity on Earth and the activities surrounding the immediate area outside of Earth.

Last edited:

Anomander

Reaction score
Just downloaded Astra and it is amazing. What features do you like the most about it? Lord Kastle I think you should start an offiicial Astra thread since you found this app. This one looks like you can spend a lot of time on it and not worry about work!

Nonie3234

Reaction score
The more I look at it, the more I see! This is really a perfect app. I can't wait to see what they do with the next update!

Anomander

Reaction score
Ok, I noticed that when I use Astra that it keeps my GPS running all the time after I closed it. I went to close the GPS through the phone settings and it gave me a message saying Astra still used it. I finally turned it off anyways since the GPS was sucking the life of my batter inside the house. Have you guys needed to turn of your GPS after using this app, or did it do it automatically for you?

LakeMountD

Reaction score
Cool app for the maps but I like tricorder for the real time info of surroundings.