Cordcutters: TNF Raiders and Chiefs Live via Twitter

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

You decided to cut the cord, great. But that don't mean you have to miss out on some Thursday Night Football.

Catch the Raiders and Chiefs on Twitter. Yup I said it right, Twitter. The same social network you use to let everyone know your every move and thought (in 125 char or less) can also be used to watch the game.

Source: NFL Thursday Night Football

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Did anyone try this? how was the picture? what was your internet speed?
i wish i new about this before hand.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone try this? how was the picture? what was your internet speed?
i wish i new about this before hand.
They've been simulcasting all season.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried it and compared it to the live broadcast. The picture quality is as good as your connection speed. Now it is a play behind the actual broadcast but overall a step in the right direction. Good for the NFL because their TNF games (which are normally their lowest rated broadcast games) get (potentially) more viewers, good for cord cutters because it provides another way to get content without having to rely on cable, hopefully this continues to be a free service though I would not be surprised to see Twitter charge for this and other live content in the future.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried it and compared it to the live broadcast. The picture quality is as good as your connection speed. Now it is a play behind the actual broadcast but overall a step in the right direction. Good for the NFL because their TNF games (which are normally their lowest rated broadcast games) get (potentially) more viewers, good for cord cutters because it provides another way to get content without having to rely on cable, hopefully this continues to be a free service though I would not be surprised to see Twitter charge for this and other live content in the future.
NFL stands for Not Free for Long ;)

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><