copy text from gmail?

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I tried last night for 20mins to copy text that was in an email. I could not do it..

I tried the menu button but it did not provide a option to select text or edit in any way

I tried a long press on the string I wanted to copy and nothing happened.

I tried dbl tapping the string I wanted to copy...

Is there no way to copy text from the gmail app?

I'm on UD9.8 if it matters....

mebobio

Reaction score
Round about cut copy paste email from Droid

There is a round about way to cut copy paste an email on the droid Open the email and select forward. Send to (your 10digit phone# )@vzpix.com. Basically you are 10digit phone# )@vzpix.com. Basically you are just forwarding yourself a mms message thru just forwarding yourself a mms message thru verizon. Once you received the forwarded email as a mms, open the mms and in the text field, not the input text area but rather on the forwarded text it's self, click on forward message then go to the text input box and long press and select copy all. It is now on the clipboard and can now be pasted into any note app or where ever. now be pasted into any note app or where ever Hope this helps, a he'll of a process to go thru just to copy an email

theguy386

Reaction score
Only work around I've found for this is to log in to gmail from the browser and copy/cut from there

aldaudio

Reaction score
you can act like you're going to reply to it, then select text in the message part.

the selecting/copy/paste on the droid sucks, with anything.

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
who ever said you could hit reply then copy it from the text field aswrong, at least from my phone.
i am on the DInc using gmail, and that method didnt work

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
mms method?

There is a round about way to cut copy paste an email on the droid Open the email and select forward. Send to (your 10digit phone# )@vzpix.com. Basically you are 10digit phone# )@vzpix.com. Basically you are just forwarding yourself a mms message thru just forwarding yourself a mms message thru verizon. Once you received the forwarded email as a mms, open the mms and in the text field, not the input text area but rather on the forwarded text it's self, click on forward message then go to the text input box and long press and select copy all. It is now on the clipboard and can now be pasted into any note app or where ever. now be pasted into any note app or where ever Hope this helps, a he'll of a process to go thru just to copy an email

im having a hard time understqnding what you wrote, but i sent myself the email string as an mms, but how do you 'forward the message' from inside the mms itself? after that you say you'll be able to copy from the text field but for the life of me i cant figure out what you meant.