copy and paste on the Incredible?

hydro556

Reaction score
I am having trouble figuring out how to copy/paste on my incredible. From texts, search bars, etc.

On my Moto Droid, I just long tapped and got an option to copy, then paste. What am I missing?

LOVE the phone.

andrew_ja

Reaction score
I am having trouble figuring out how to copy/paste on my incredible. From texts, search bars, etc.

On my Moto Droid, I just long tapped and got an option to copy, then paste. What am I missing?

LOVE the phone.
Tap and hold down, a popup window will pop... up. It will either be graphical (I know in the email apps, it will glow green, and when you let go, Copy will be the first icon, search and share will proceed it) or a list (in the messaging app).

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
If I am in the body of a text, and I hold down on a specific word, the whole message glows green for a split second and then a window pops up- It reads "Message options" and has forward, View message details, delete message and lock message.

Nothing about copy.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
If I am on a webpage, I get what you are suggesting. Works fine, but in a text, I cant get it.

andrew_ja

Reaction score
You could always select forward, it will automatially put the text message into the textbox, you can then select the text and/or copy from there. Press the Menu button and Discard. I know it adds a couple of extra steps, but it gets the job done.