Contract Up, WANT S3 desperately. Which carrier should I choose?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any personal stories about the Sprint network being so terrible? Or have we all just heard it so much it makes sense? I mean, if you live in a strong 4g area (Atlanta), are usually on wifi anyways blah blah....I mean, is it really THAT bad??
I was with Sprint for 2yrs,had the BBTour,SLOW!!!!!!.In homes,buildens,anything structure,SLOW!!!!!.Went to Sprint to checkout the new they phone just got,played with it for 2mins,no service,took forever to load pages.SLOW!!!!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
582614_4395132286861_1959630553_n.jpg
hilarious

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
sweeeeeet,rite?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well actually I was referring to data cutting out, since it's their "4g" network we're talking about. What made it so miserable? Lots of dropped calls?

tons of dropped calls/no service

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

WreckRman2

Reaction score
I was a long time Sprint customer, 8 plus years... I just dropped them for Verizon due to horrible internet speeds. I had the Evo w/ 4g and believe me they have the worst 4g coverage of any provider. Perhaps that is why their 4g, ie: wimax, is being replace by 4g lte but don't hold your breathe as it might take a year or longer for it to roll out into the larger cities first.

Lately I had the iPhone 4s and while it was stuck on 3g my speeds were at best 700-800mb but mostly ran under 250kb/sec. Yes, that is not a typo! Some days I was lucky to get 56k... remember those days! Sprint always said their system was working fine and their had to be an issue with my phone. Truth is it was that slow for two of my iPhones and everyone else on the block that used Sprint. The nearest Sprint tower can be seen from my back window less than a mile away.

It is so bad that many times I could not process a credit card through Sprint data because it simply was too slow or didn't work at all. I run a mobile business in the Orlando area.

Sprint unlimited data is a great selling point.... IF you never use data!!!

With Verizon I am getting 15-17mb down and just the same up.

OP
Tailgun

Tailgun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
I think I made the right decision staying with VZW in terms of the coverage. Now my only trepidation is reading those big threads where people complained of the S3 screen cracking on its own - with no drops or misuse. I know with all the millions sold this is a statistical possibility, I just hope I'm not a victim. Did I mention I am reaaaally looking forward to getting this phone?
:biggrin:

RUBEY

Reaction score
I love Verizon. Have been with them for over 8 years. AT&T is the only other provider I would even consider based solely on network coverage. The other outfits are cheaper for a reason. Just my 2 cents.

naknak95

Reaction score
I have always recommended Verizon. If you don't have unlimited data but use Gigabytes of data, you may want to consider choosing a plan from Sprint or T-Mobile. If you are okay with data peaks, definitely Verizon. Or just go with whatever data plan you would use.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Droid Forums

kparks

Reaction score
jasonmartin said:
Does anyone have any personal stories about the Sprint network being so terrible? Or have we all just heard it so much it makes sense? I mean, if you live in a strong 4g area (Atlanta), are usually on wifi anyways blah blah....I mean, is it really THAT bad??
There cell service is pretty solid but there 3g data is really slow personal experience when the 4G launches in ur area there should be no problem at all