Verizon, Sprint & AT&T Respond to T-Mobile's New 'Un-Carrier' Attack

Reaction score
T-Mobile is trying to stay alive. they are offering the iPhone 5 4 and 4s. But and they announced the galaxy s4 on their network by May 1st so the s4 should be here soon. To bad their 4g coverage is awful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
At least they used the whole word and not that annoying shoretened version of it that same lame kids are using: "What Evs"...

Go go T-Mobile. I = in love with Carly Foulkes aka T-Mobile Grrl.

She's hot but you have to wonder why they went and photoshopped her even thinner in those pictures... as if she's not skinny enough.

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hmmm, I live in San Jose, CA. and it's one of the 7 cities that just got lit up with T-Mobile LTE... Currently have 5 lines in family plan on Verizon and switching to T-Mo would be much cheaper plan and device wise... Something to think about I guess.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmmm, I live in San Jose, CA. and it's one of the 7 cities that just got lit up with T-Mobile LTE... Currently have 5 lines in family plan on Verizon and switching to T-Mo would be much cheaper plan and device wise... Something to think about I guess.

Look at it this way you can buy unlocked phones and just pop the sim in. With that said I would still keep at least one phone on Verizon for the sake of reliability. Even though I switched to att I still have a dumb phone line on vzw just in case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
If anything, I'm tempted to buy the cheapest 4G phone I could get my hands on to use on their network for a month to see how they are. If I hate their service I'll chalk it up to experience and cut my losses, but if they're OK ...

*** turns head and silently stares at Verizon ***

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If anything, I'm tempted to buy the cheapest 4G phone I could get my hands on to use on their network for a month to see how they are. If I hate their service I'll chalk it up to experience and cut my losses, but if they're OK ...

Not a bad idea

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

they've got some catching up to do, I'm rarely out of 4g myself and I live about an hour south of Seattle. I know for a fact T-mob won't compare.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if you get an unlocked phone like the n4 from Google or Motorola x where it is something you can use on another carrier. Obviously this will be more feasible with gsm carriers in you can just swap sim cards. This will be tougher for those on Verizon locked down network may have trouble with this.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well they the number 4 horse but they are coming up hard on sprint. I say they have a good chance at passing sprint. But they have ways to go to catch the two leaders. Att is half a track ahead with Verizon even further ahead than that.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Look at it this way you can buy unlocked phones and just pop the sim in. With that said I would still keep at least one phone on Verizon for the sake of reliability. Even though I switched to att I still have a dumb phone line on vzw just in case.

That's pretty crafty, probably several ways to mix-n-match like that and come out ahead.

Fact is, though, locked phones haven't been preventing people from switching. Every 12-20 months people are free to shop or switch carriers, getting a heavily subsidized (even free if you go mid/low tier) upgrade...but people just don't switch. There's maybe 10-15% of the market, most of whom probably really can't afford a smartphone, that are constantly chasing a few dollars in savings. 95% of the rest stick with what works and aren't even interested in trialing to save a few bucks.

I just don't see people "saving" money buying an unlocked phone retail, or taking their 20+ month old unlocked phone to a new carrier to save a few bucks. After 18 months, even mid-tier phones that you can get practically free are upgrades.

If there is any real benefit to unlocked phones, it will be maybe in bringing down manufacturing costs when they don't have to make 4 different versions for each carrier. That assumes the carriers aren't going to demand branded and exclusive phones.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's pretty crafty, probably several ways to mix-n-match like that and come out ahead.

Fact is, though, locked phones haven't been preventing people from switching. Every 12-20 months people are free to shop or switch carriers, getting a heavily subsidized (even free if you go mid/low tier) upgrade...but people just don't switch. There's maybe 10-15% of the market, most of whom probably really can't afford a smartphone, that are constantly chasing a few dollars in savings. 95% of the rest stick with what works and aren't even interested in trialing to save a few bucks.

I just don't see people "saving" money buying an unlocked phone retail, or taking their 20+ month old unlocked phone to a new carrier to save a few bucks. After 18 months, even mid-tier phones that you can get practically free are upgrades.

If there is any real benefit to unlocked phones, it will be maybe in bringing down manufacturing costs when they don't have to make 4 different versions for each carrier. That assumes the carriers aren't going to demand branded and exclusive phones.

You right except for the fact that Google is changing the game. If I can go to the Google play store and get solid high end devices at 300 bucks then grabbing a smart phone from Google and paying month to month and when a carrier starts giving you crap you can give them the deuces and go across the street to the competition and start giving them your money. This could even the playing field more for companies like vzw who keep locking phones, filling them with bloat, adding fees on top of fees and dare you to leave knowing you will have to pay the etf and be stuck with a phone that only works on their network.