Contacts very slow to load

R

RETG

Every time I open contacts it takes up to 20-30 second to load them. Once loaded, scrolling speed seems to be ok. This is the only feature of this phone I HATE.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Stock? Do you have a large number of contacts?

I would boot into stock recovery (By turning the phone off, pressing and holding power + volume up + volume down until a black screen with white letters appears, press volume down to highlight recovery and press volume up to select it. At the dead android symbol hold volume down and press volume up) and wipe cache.

If that doesn't help, Make sure your contacts are backed up by google or another method, then go to settings - apps - all, find contacts and contacts storage and wipe data and cache. Again, MAKE SURE they are backed up. If they are backed up with google they will re-sync shortly after you wipe.

OP
R

RETG

Thanks! That worked, the contacts now load up in about two seconds which is great; in my opinion. Yes, I have a lot of contacts; probably around fifty, but no more than I had on my Droid X and the X displayed them almost instantaneously.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
50 shouldn't be enough to cause the problem you were describing. Hopefully the wipe will take care of it.