Contacts questions

wie369

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a contact reloading problem or a update problem. (And please excuse my ignorance of all the rooting and sbf such topics)
About. 2 months ago I got a replacement droid 2. All of my contacts didn't move over right so I took it back to verizon and she moved all my contacts over. At that point I didn't see any problems.
After the update last week or so I have noticed that some of my contact have double or triple the information. Some info is listed under google contacts and some phone back up contacts.
Here are the issues I have:
1) is there a way to remove one of the above instead of editing each contact?
2). What happen to all the other info I could add to a contact ei: birthday, anniversary. Some have the spot for it, but it's just a jumble of numbers and such.

Really not found anythijng good about the update so far...any news on a fix for it?

Thanks for the help and hopeful lack of harrassment of my ignorance :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

chrstdvd

Reaction score
1. Open ur dialer, touch contacts on top bar, touch menu key (4 squares), choose display options, under "choose contacts to display" then touch the places listed and eliminate the ones that are causing dups. It is difficult to explain this but once you start, you will comprehend.

2. Touch a contact, touch the menu, choose "edit contact".