Contacts not under contacts

Trobes05

Reaction score
I updated to 2.01 last night and it has been good so far but I notice now that I have to now pick to sync all my facebook contacts to get them under contacts as apposed to just ones under contacts. The problem is that my contacts are gone. I have some relatives that do not have facebook and they are no longer under my contacts but if I search my contacts for them they are searchable just not under contacts anymore. I was wondering if I changed a setting anyone knows about or if they know how to get my missing contacts back into my contacts list since it seems they are still on the phone just not showing up under the contact menu. They do show up under favorites if they are a favorite but the ones that are not favorites that are not showing up are still searchable.

Any fixes would be great or wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

OP
T

Trobes05

Reaction score
I found out how to fix. I had to go to the contacts, then hit menu, then display options, then gmail, then I selected all other contacts because that was not checked. I don't know why they were under my gmail but it brought them all back to normal.

Phetus

Reaction score
Thank you! I had the same problem, and I've been fooling with my phone for the last few days, trying to figure out what happened after the OTA update.

proustitute

Reaction score
thank you so much! i've been trying and trying... really appreciate it.

tkoch

Reaction score
HUGE help-- thanks! I don't sync contacts with facebook, but had the same problem with the gmail settings. Fix worked great.

ArbitraryPerson

Reaction score
This issue describes quite well what's happened with my boyfriend's Droid X, however the menu is different I believe so we're not sure how to fix the issue. He can find his dad's number only in the search but the contact never shows up under all contacts gmail contact or any of the others. How can he fix this on the new Droid X menu setup?

Thanks. :)