1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help with contacts

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by SNOMORE, Jan 10, 2010.

1. SNOMORE

SNOMORE New Member

Ok - I searched but could not find any info or solution to this.

I loaded about 100 contacts on my phone, all nice and organized alphabetically. I created a shortcut to my home screen for my wifes contact - all was well.

Now, over half of my contacts have migrated to the "favorites" tab, although they are not really favorites, as that requires actually selecting them and marking them as a favorite. They are not alphabetical anymore, and the shortcut I created for my wife no longer works, it says "contact does not exist" (OK - no jokes please).

Also, I now have some (but only a few) contacts in both places, both under contacts and favorites, there seeme to be no rhyme or reason to it. Is there any way to keep them in the contacts list permanently?

Thanks!
  2. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

I believe the phone automatically marks your favorites. I think it's whoever you call mostly or receive calls from.
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Dezy is right OP.... the phone marks favorites based on calls. I haven't marked a single contact as a 'favorite' yet I have a full list when I open the Phone list. Just the way it is.
Search tags for this page

this contact does not exist