Contacted attorney about ICS crippling webtop

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have posted my own youtube video for you to watch. Maybe you should take the advice:

Oh Mr. CK it is an honor to meet you, big fan of your work.

Abaddon

Reaction score
Oh Mr. CK it is an honor to meet you, big fan of your work.

Hahaha, well I didn't mean "my" video. No offense to anybody here but if I was Louie CK I would not be talking about my phone online! I do have a goatee though so maybe that's a start? Oh wait, I guess I have to be funny too, right?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love that video... but again, the OP has remained level-headed and respectful, so let's keep that pace going.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Deer-popcorn.gif

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jntdroid said:
I love that video... but again, the OP has remained level-headed and respectful, so let's keep that pace going.

I would like to point out that my comments are not meant to disrespect the original poster, ans i appreciate that he has remained respectful. I guess i was trying to point out that there are a million reasons to be upset in life. When is the last time anyone made a major purchase that didn't have some level of disappointment down the line? And i believe we do live in a time of amazing technology like CK pointed out. And i also believe that motorola should be expected to deliver on promises. (i realistically don't expect 100% of promises to be fulfilled) but suing over something like this (a problem that I'd be shocked if it wasn't fixed in the near future) only discourages companies like Motorola from keeping our devises up to date. They will look back and say "the last major update cost us x amount, so lets just move on to the next generation of phones" and in a world where we become obsolete all to fast, why promote the even faster demise of our beloved RAZR?

Abaddon

Reaction score

Sorry but wasn't my intention. Also, I don't think the OP was very nice to SallyC but maybe that's just me. That's the last you'll hear from me on this.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I think the OP definitely has a reason to be upset that he now has equipment that doesn't work right. I was trying to read through the hundreds of pages of disclaimers on VZW and Moto's sites, but I've decided there is too much stuff to cypher through. Based on what I've read so far, I'm guessing they have something in one of the disclaimers about upgrades and the timing to have everything fixed. If they don't and this lawsuit actually goes through, I'm sure there will be for the next time.

SallyC - I wouldn't be too worried about zombies...... I'd be worried about my Borg Droids (my picture below)!:p

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
weptop sucked

the ICS made it actually useful

I don't understand what you are angry about.

This is a pretty dumb class actions suit.

The last time I was involved in one i got a check for $0.75 three years later

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Excuse my ignorance, but what got crippled?!?

Pretty much the only thing that's really missing is the desktop version of Firefox. Beyond that, the entire UI changed from a clunky PC-style to a more fluid tablet style. I know some people don't like the UI changes, but on the whole, it can do more now than it could before, and it does everything better. After the success of the Asus Transformer, Google added in several features that make the tablet version of ICS more keyboard/mouse friendly. I can understand not caring to relearn how to do some things, because using ICS with a keyboard and mouse is quite a bit different than using a PC-style interface, but once you get the hang of everything, it works exceptionally well. I guess I don't have a problem with the UI differences because I'm used to using Honeycomb and ICS on the Transformer series, so I've adapted and learned how to be just as productive on them as I can be on a PC.

I fall in line with those who think a lawsuit is unnecessary and really does more harm than good in this case. Sure the removal of the desktop version of Firefox is a bummer, but if you give it a chance, I think most people will agree that the new Webtop is superior to the old version in just about every way. I've found it to be pretty much exactly like the experience on my TF300, except Webtop comes with some bonuses in cellular data and the ability to send/receive calls and texts. It also opens up many more doors for more useful possibilities.

Last edited:

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Pretty much the only thing that's really missing is the desktop version of Firefox. Beyond that, the entire UI changed from a clunky PC-style to a more fluid tablet style. I know some people don't like the UI changes, but on the whole, it can do more now than it could before, and it does everything better. After the success of the Asus Transformer, Google added in several features that make the tablet version of ICS more keyboard/mouse friendly. I can understand not caring to relearn how to do some things, because using ICS with a keyboard and mouse is quite a bit different than using a PC-style interface, but once you get the hang of everything, it works exceptionally well. I guess I don't have a problem with the UI differences because I'm used to using Honeycomb and ICS on the Transformer series, so I've adapted and learned how to be just as productive on them as I can be on a PC.

I fall in line with those who think a lawsuit is unnecessary and really does more harm than good in this case. Sure the removal of the desktop version of Firefox is a bummer, but if you give it a chance, I think most people will agree that the new Webtop is superior to the old version in just about every way. I've found it to be pretty much exactly like the experience on my TF300, except Webtop comes with some bonuses in cellular data and the ability to send/receive calls and texts. It also opens up many more doors for more useful possibilities.

Well said! As long as it works, then you have to deal with change. Change is life.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
nonnasmyladie said:
weptop sucked

the ICS made it actually useful

I don't understand what you are angry about.

This is a pretty dumb class actions suit.

The last time I was involved in one i got a check for $0.75 three years later

I have to agree that webtop 3.0 does run better. One of the reasons I bought a lapdock was to do work related things on it which was a nightmare on 2.X-super laggy & low memory errors all the time, it's much improved in this part.

I also have agree with the OP as well. Another reason I bought a lapdock was to use it for Skype, well guess camera is now disabled while in lapdock (both webtop & phone modes), but I guess I should be happy that I can still make voice and 1 way video calls.

Everything about this update has been so hot & cold, either works much better or much worse. Granted there's a lot of things that this update broke I don't think it's time to start lawsuits over them, granted it does seem pretty lame that they can't make things work on their own accessories they charge us an arm & a leg for.

1339708296469.jpg

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
lovemyram4x4 said:
I have to agree that webtop 3.0 does run better. One of the reasons I bought a lapdock was to do work related things on it which was a nightmare on 2.X-super laggy & low memory errors all the time, it's much improved in this part.

I also have agree with the OP as well. Another reason I bought a lapdock was to use it for Skype, well guess camera is now disabled while in lapdock (both webtop & phone modes), but I guess I should be happy that I can still make voice and 1 way video calls.

Everything about this update has been so hot & cold, either works much better or much worse. Granted there's a lot of things that this update broke I don't think it's time to start lawsuits over them, granted it does seem pretty lame that they can't make things work on their own accessories they charge us an arm & a leg for.

Well put. Point taken.

SallyC

Reaction score
Sorry but wasn't my intention. Also, I don't think the OP was very nice to SallyC but maybe that's just me. That's the last you'll hear from me on this.

Well I was a bit surprised since I was seriously (and I thought respectfully) asking the OP for info since I don't own a docking station but people seem to using them with ICS. And my comment about the lawsuits not seeming similar was also sincere and not meant to be unkind, although I'm not sure he realized that.

Having said that, the OP telling me he can't help me is okay - all things considered, I really find that easy to believe. But bruben7886's quick abandonment - leaving me for zombie lunch meat - man, that really hurt! View attachment 53161 Good thing I'm not a mod or I'd ban his little butt! :p