Contacted attorney about ICS crippling webtop

OP
AlienIlluminati
Reaction score
[video=youtube;SIXE9LCNhcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIXE9LCNhcA[/video]

OP
AlienIlluminati
Reaction score
Remember the apple antennae law suit that settled earlier this year?? A 10 $ case.... that's what people got...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

That's what the people that WEREN'T involved in the lawsuit got. The ones that initiated it got MUCH more.

OP
AlienIlluminati
Reaction score
Excellent! I figure in about 18 months I should be getting a coupon good for $5 off my next Motorola phone upgrade!

Along with an update that doesn't cripple the HD dock, & a precedence set, nit allowing companies to bait & switch in such obvious fashion?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you sued them without even waiting for the first patch to ICS? You do realize a totally new version of an OS is bound to have issues, right? You should have at least waited for the first bugfix. It's probably fixed, because the latest leaks on the Bionic work fine with the new webtop. They probably have it in the small print somewhere that device capabilities may vary depending on OS version, anyways, so they're probably covered.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
People sue because they are seriously wronged or injured......or because they refuse to accept that they have to earn a living (invest for the future, plan, etc) like the rest of us.
Oh, a small percentage sues to right a wrong. If you are not in the first few categories, and you are here to save us all......thanks but no thanks
You see.....from reading these forum pages, it is evident that a vast, VAST, majority of us love this free software update. We wish to see more coming.
Sorry your toys don't play well together anymore. By the way...care to post a link or post a pic of your contract where it states "....buy all this stuff......we promise that it will work even after ics....which shouldn't be a surprise as we have been promising you ics for months..... "
There....NOW I feel better. :)

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
AlienIlluminati said:
If you don't see how they're similar, there's nothing i can do to help you. You're on your own.

LMAO! :) :)
Do not worry Sally....the rest of us WILL be here for you during the inevitably coming zombie apocalypse.....
..... "you're on your own".... classic

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, we've been watching this thread since it started just because these specific types of threads always tend to go downhill fast. To the OP, thank you for keeping a cool head in your responses so far. To everyone, OP included, just remember that whether you all disagree or not, there's no reason to get disrespectful.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
jntdroid said:
For what it's worth, we've been watching this thread since it started just because these specific types of threads always tend to go downhill fast. To the OP, thank you for keeping a cool head in your responses so far. To everyone, OP included, just remember that whether you all disagree or not, there's no reason to get disrespectful.

I agree.....sorry if I offended...
As an aside.......Sorry SallyC.....looks like you'll be zombie lunch meat after all :)

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Ok, after seeing you're points, i completely agree with this lawsuit, and i think i will file Some myself! There were several features that the phone came with that it no longer has. The moto social app, i was sold a phone that could had this lame app! The higher resolution hurts my eyes! I was sold a duller model, and now i need compensation! Also i am lactose intolerant, so don't even get me started how ice cream sandwich has effected me.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
Ok, after seeing you're points, i completely agree with this lawsuit, and i think i will file Some myself! There were several features that the phone came with that it no longer has. The moto social app, i was sold a phone that could had this lame app! The higher resolution hurts my eyes! I was sold a duller model, and now i need compensation! Also i am lactose intolerant, so don't even get me started how ice cream sandwich has effected me.

I think foxkat said there was an impending update for lactose intolerance..lmao

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
If they sued Moto for not updating the Cliq XT, doesn't that mean other smartphone owners who were promised an updated phone/software *cough*Droid3*cough* could do the same? What about the PROMISE of an unlocked bootloader? Yes, it was promised.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Abaddon

Reaction score
I have posted my own youtube video for you to watch. Maybe you should take the advice:

[video=youtube;8r1CZTLk-Gk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk[/video]