Contact Sync

coolbreeze28

Reaction score
Ok forgive me I'm not very smart when it comes to these phones, I really don't like this phone but I have to keep it for awhile longer. Anyway I want a place where I can store names, address and phone numbers, I know google will do this but I'm lost how do I get my contacts from my phone to my google account?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
First, check https://www.google.com/contacts/ — you might already have your contacts there. (That is where you can edit your contacts using your PC and your regular web browser. All changes you make there will propagate to your Android devices almost instantly.)

Second, if I'm not mistaken, the Gingerbread firmware already prefers Google Contacts over Verizon Backup Assistant storage. You should be able to choose which storage to use in the settings menu. I also think that while editing contacts it's possible to choose the storage method for them. (I'm not running stock right now so I cannot provide detailed instructions, sorry.)

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as G.Y. mentioned you have the option to set Google Contacts backup. Go into settings, then accounts and sync, select your gmail account and then tell it to sync contacts.