Contact Photos: From Outlook -> Touchdown -> Contacts

FearLES

Reaction score
This used to work just fine on my original Moto Droid w/ Touchdown & Contacts.

I use TOUCHDOWN in order to manage Outlook on my DroidX.

Contacts with Photos sync just fine to the DroidX (photos are created and stored on my computer, contacts in Outlook have the picture in their vID).

After synchronizing - I can see the contact with the pix on my DroidX if ?I view the Contact in Touchdown. But when I perform the COPY TO PHONE function in Touchdown, the contacts will transfer over to the "native" contacts on the phone ... but NO CONTACT PICTURES!!!

This means - when I get a call, there's no photo showing up as part of the Caller ID... I also can't get the contact picture to show up when putting a direct dial widget on my main screen.

I've been searching all over various forums for a solution... to no avail.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug??

Any other ideas (short of copying all the photos from Outlook Contacts back onto the phone, and creating each contact individually?)

Thanks!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Howdy Neighbor! I live in Bainbridge but I have an Aurora zip code.

I'm not far from Geauga Lake.

Can you move you pictures into your contacts in gmail instead of the phone?

Don't know what else to suggest, I use strictly gmail so I never have that issue.

OP
F

FearLES

Reaction score
Solution found!!!

Thanks to they Moderators at Touchdown!!

Apparently there are (2) versions of Exchange for Touchdown.

I deleted Touchdown - and re-installed the New Touchdown Exchange for Android version 2.2 ... and all is working now, and I even have a few new features, such as Speech to Text in my keyboard.

Thanks again!!

dancedroid