Contact data mixed up between contacts D2G

vmail714

Reaction score
Droid2 Global, bought 12/24/2010, Stock. Using GoLauncher.

I've Googled. I've read dozens of posts on 'Contacts'. It seems this problem is unique to lucky me...

The contacts' data is all mixed up. e.g. Don's phone number and address appear under Tom. Jane calls but my phone shows Dennis. Etc etc.

Clicking the affected contact shows multiple links: Phone contact 'Tom' linked to Facebook Aaron. etc etc. Totally random!

If I unlink the contacts sometimes it separates the Contacts. Sometimes it deletes one of the contacts. And sometimes it separates them but the some or all data stays in the wrong contact.

I unlinked every contact and tried to correct the data. I tried unchecking contacts from every account except phone and Facebook. Still getting mix-ups.
Then, most phone contacts disappeared. (Went to Backup ASsitant and took them out of trash, phew).

And so on and so on. No discernible pattern. I've lost complete contacts. I've lost pieces of data (such as address or one phone number) from various contacts.

What's up? I just noticed this in the last 3-4 weeks or so. It seemed fine earlier.
Any hints?
thanks
Vicky

OP
V

vmail714

Reaction score
Update

Well, it would seem my D2g syncs with my Yahoo mail account with no problem...now all my contacts at Yahoo are scrambled to match my phone.

This is ridiculous and makes the phone practically useless, after all, phoning is a big part of even a smart phone :-(

Please forgive my tone of voice.

Vicky

karenh

Reaction score
This is happening to me also on a Droid 2 Global, three weeks after purchase. The gTalk users are suddenly all named the same, and I can't change them, so I don't know who I'm actually texting or getting texts from; the call log has lots of extra calls in it, and the times are way off (example, person 1 might call me 4 days ago, and it will show several entries for anywhere from 1 to 4 days ago, when they only called once); and the number for an incoming call will be recorded with someone else's name. I am going back to the Verizon store tomorrow for an different phone.

karenh

Reaction score
Contact List mix-ups

Has a solution been found to this? I have the same problem

Not that I am aware of. In fact, it's gotten worse. The recent upgrade (last week) to Android 2.3.3 is now causing them to appear twice, and nicknames, addresses and notes are appearing two or three times (example a nickname of "bunny" is showing up as "bunnybunnybunnybunny". Organizations are showing up multiple times. Birthdays have been deleted, replaced by "-313977600000" -- multiple times, of course.

I downloaded "Go Contacts", but that didn't help. Next solution -- giving up the Droid and getting an iPhone.

karenh

Reaction score
Not that I am aware of. In fact, it's gotten worse. The recent upgrade (last week) to Android 2.3.3 is now causing them to appear twice, and nicknames, addresses and notes are appearing two or three times (example a nickname of "bunny" is showing up as "bunnybunnybunnybunny". Organizations are showing up multiple times. Birthdays have been deleted, replaced by "-313977600000" -- multiple times, of course.

I downloaded "Go Contacts", but that didn't help. Next solution -- giving up the Droid and getting an iPhone.

And as Vicky pointed out above, the contacts are not only scrambled on the phone, but get pushed upwards, apparently during a backup (even though I have my contacts set to NOT synch). So my contacts in Google are messed up too. I'm now carrying around an old-fashioned paper address/phone number, so that I don't lose any more numbers. Also, if you use Skype, it has been my experience with EVERY incoming Skype call that it randomly picks a name out of the contact list as the calling party, and then replaces their number in contacts with the Skype incoming number. So when I go to call that person, their number is gone, and replaced by the Skype incoming number. There doesn't seem to be a pattern behind the names it chooses. I've lost many contact phone numbers that way.

scottpdann

Reaction score
Do we have any recourse?

Who are we supposed to go to to get this fixed? Verizon, Motorola, or Google/Android?

Verizon is the only one I think I could get a human being to even talk to me of the three.

This is completely unacceptable.

karenh

Reaction score
Contact List mix-ups

Who are we supposed to go to to get this fixed? Verizon, Motorola, or Google/Android?

Verizon is the only one I think I could get a human being to even talk to me of the three.

This is completely unacceptable.

Not sure -- Contacting Verizon hasn't helped.

Kimbatigger

Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen with Incredible 2. On Thanksgiving I registered with Fring and was surprised to see my step daughter's name on the contacts. So I decided to call her. Instead, I called my son. Came to find out that step daughter contact info was sons. Happened again today, only after the fact. I had texted my husband a week or so ago. Today I look in the archived messages to see step daughter's FB pic beside one of the threads I sent my husband. This is more than strange. Do you think a rescan would help?