Concerning the default battery level notification...

Orionalias

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to either remove it from the notification bar, overlay it with a numerical value that tells the percentage of battery left, or replace it with one that does that?

I'm using a battery percentage app that displays an icon in the far left of the notification bar, loving it, but am getting tired of having redundant notification icons. If I could find thins can eliminate one or the other.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If you mean changing the stock battery icon, you can do that with a Metamorph from droidpirate.com. Just make sure you replace it with one that has the correct battery percentages. If you need more help, just ask.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
O

Orionalias

Reaction score
Cjm...would you mind expanding on that? Im no android noob or novice, but I gotta admit im unfamiliar with that site and term. And yes my hope is to change the stock battery icon that appears in the notification bar right next to the clock in the upper right with a more informative icon.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Sure, I'll be able to help you more this afternoon but I'll give you some info to get you started. There's how to videos on YouTube about metamorph, that web site has some instructions and, of course, you'll need the metamorph app from the market. The free one will work.

Also, what phone do you have and are what rom are you running? That will tell us what battery percentages you need. Can't tell from the app.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
O

Orionalias

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll start researching now and see where things are at this afternoon. Droid incredible, not rooted.

OP
O

Orionalias

Reaction score
My bad, just came across that info on appbarin. Currently unrooted, but planning on rooting eventually. Once I do this will probably be one of the first things I do. Once I do root, ill likely stick to the stock rom as I like it enough. At worst, ill switch to a rom that mimics sense but eliminates the bloatware. Let's assume stock rom for now, ill adjust in the future if need be.

OP
O

Orionalias

Reaction score
Will do. If you have an opportunity this afternoon and feel like telling me more feel free to do so. I'll be checking back here once I root. Thanks!