Battery Percentage Overlay

naman919

Reaction score
I saw in a screenshot a while ago that someone had a small black text overlay on the stock battery icon. The one in the notification area had a percentage text on the battery icon about half the height of the battery.

Not sure what it was called or how it was done, but it seems like a good thing; even if it's just the 10% increments.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what that is called or where you get it....but you can get widgets to display battery levels shaped like 3D batteries....some are pretty nice looking...and they say the percentage

OP
naman919

naman919

Reaction score
no, i have Battery Left already installed.

What i'm talking about is a tiny bit of text that someone had over their stock battery icon in the notification area. In their screenshot it said 100%.

I would love that. anyone else seen this?

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

What i'm talking about is a tiny bit of text that someone had over their stock battery icon in the notification area. In their screenshot it said 100%.

This can be done by modifying the framework.res.apk I believe is what it is called. An app that would let you do this would be Metamorph, which needs root and busybox.

CatsTide

Reaction score
i have an app called battery indicator. it adds an additional battery icon to the notification bar with the % but does not overlay the original.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have an app called battery indicator. it adds an additional battery icon to the notification bar with the % but does not overlay the original.

Thanks for bringing this app to our attention. This is exactly what I have been needing. Good find.

OP
naman919

naman919

Reaction score

This can be done by modifying the framework.res.apk I believe is what it is called. An app that would let you do this would be Metamorph, which needs root and busybox.

sweet. thanks! now i have a project for tonight :icon_ banana:

dbutters

Reaction score

sweet. thanks! now i have a project for tonight :icon_ banana:

Any luck? Would love to know if there was a way to do this, hate to waste a widget spot for the battery. I would pay money for a way to display the % over the battery indicator like this, even more if it were accurate to w/in 1% rather than 10%.