Battery app

Alchemist945

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good battery app that will tell me the percentage of battery I have left and have a icon on my notification bar and one that won't kill the battery it self lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
Alchemist945

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Will battery minder kill battery like some of the others

kenbiz

Reaction score
I have not had any problems.. you can check under your setting to see what's using the battery. There's a lot of things you can do if your worried about battery life. This one app won't make kill your battery. Turn down your display brightness, no live wallpaper, turn off wifi, Bluetooth,..ect. ect.

fritomist

Reaction score
I use Gauge Battery Widget. It doesn't seem to eat up much battery and has various sizes you can put on your home screen.

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I use battery indicator. it just shows a lil battery with the percent charge left in the notification bar, really handy.

mauiblue

Reaction score
I've been using Battery Left Pro the past few months and I like it. You can set it up to poll the battery as much or as little you want and you can manage multiple battery packs in the app. Calibration is easy and the app is simple but highly effective in battery management.

windstrings

Reaction score
Battery left Pro works pretty slick..... especially with my extended battery... nice to see a constant readout of how many hours I have left and Mv at the same time.... many other features avail too.

funkpod

Reaction score
Problem is, I got battery left pro, and I stopped using it cuz it wasn't accurate. I have battery time, too, and battery left would not be in sync with my other apps.
Hopefully it's gotten better!

windstrings

Reaction score
Problem is, I got battery left pro, and I stopped using it cuz it wasn't accurate. I have battery time, too, and battery left would not be in sync with my other apps.
Hopefully it's gotten better!

\
Its a bit confusing as to how to calibrate battery left pro.

Just go into your battery settings by opening battery left, then go to batteries, pick your battery "default or one you have setup", hit edit and turn on calibrating.
BUT DON'T DO THIS TILL ITS FULLY CHARGED.

Then allow it to drain to the bottom... don't help it and try to use it normally, then charge it back up "fully".. meaning to show at least 4220mv while still on the charger.. do this sequence again until it shows "accurate" as a readout.

At any time you can turn the calibrate back on and uncheck the "calibrate until accurate" switch to give it more info to work on later if you want.. just remember to turn the "calibrate" switch off again if your constantly bouncing back and forth from the charger as that will only confuse the settings.

Once its set, its pretty accurate.... an especially useful tool on extended batteries.

Just keep in mind "with any battery meter", time left accuracy is only accurate if you stay within reasonable predicable habits.

If you want to be able to use your phone like crazy sometimes and still have a clue as to how much life you have left, just watch your mv readings instead.
They will drop to below 3500 or thereabouts when it dies based on how aggressive you are taxing the battery when it goes dead.