Computer/phone won't recognize each other

dThurman

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 for maybe 3 weeks now, and I'm no tech person. I finally decided to hook my phone up to my laptop to download some photos I had taken. When I connect the 'puter and phone, nothing happens on either one. I did download the driver to the 'puter, and there is a formatted card in the phone. But, nothing is happening. If I pull down the "notifications" tab at the top, there are "No notifications" listed. I've read the online manual until my old eyes are crossed. Any suggestions for the old man? Thanks, David

Navalynt

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 for maybe 3 weeks now, and I'm no tech person. I finally decided to hook my phone up to my laptop to download some photos I had taken. When I connect the 'puter and phone, nothing happens on either one. I did download the driver to the 'puter, and there is a formatted card in the phone. But, nothing is happening. If I pull down the "notifications" tab at the top, there are "No notifications" listed. I've read the online manual until my old eyes are crossed. Any suggestions for the old man? Thanks, David

Get em both drunk and see what happens. It's like that song by Loverboy "Pig and Elephant DNA just don't Mix" ...

But in all seriousness, it sounds like you need the correct driver for your PC.

MOTODEV > Documentation & Tools > USB Drivers

dast

Reaction score
I will say this about Motorola's drivers: they don't work for me on at least one of my systems. One XP SP3 box, works fine. Another XP SP3 box, won't work at all and never recognizes the phone even though everything supposedly installed correctly.

If you're sure the right drivers are installed and your phone configured correctly but you still have no luck, try it on another computer.