COMPLETELY messed up my flash...

Psychlone

Reaction score
OK, so I made a couple rookie mistakes and now I've got a partial brick that I can't figure out how to fix.

Here's the deal...
I was on OTA 902 and then tried out one of the CM9 nightlies (I think it was 6/24) - most everything worked but I was having strange issues sending SMS with pictures and more data drops than stock 902.

Yesterday I decided I'd try out the 2233 leak and followed the directions successfully from 902 to 905 then to 2233 ICS (motoblur). Everything was working ok, but the interface seemed as though there was more lag than I expected.
This is where EVERYTHING goes downhill and where the mistakes were made. I did so many things trying to fix this that I can't even recount all of them!

At one point, I ended up in AP Fastboot (Flash Failure) and couldn't do anything, so I manually pushed moto-fastboot files & cleared the moto-fastboot cache, which allowed me to finally flash via RSD. So of course I'm trying to get back to 902 so I can update to 905 via OTA then *maybe* on to AOKP or CM9 2233 (maybe).
But, EVERY file I open in RSD Lite either fails to decompress at the end, or my phone shows as N/A - regardless of if I try in AP Fastboot or actually booted all the way into 886.

So here's what's up: I'm on 875 but have NO data, NO signal, NO phone, NO WiFi. Wifi can't even be turned on because it just says WiFi (Error), and regardless of what I try, data won't kick on and hasn't through at least 15 different successful flashes.

I've used all the old tricks including Bionic Pathsaver, BPS Fix, the original RSD Images from January (default_flash_targa, boot and recovery), and every possible combination of ROMs (both OTA and third party) trying to get back to ANYTHING that has data, but I'm dead in the water.

Here's what my current system status is:
System Version: 5.5.886.XT876.Verizon.en.US
Webtop: WT-1.3.0-105_DBN-1
Kernel: 2.6.35-7-g83f1a47
vwm 736@il93lnxdroid43#1
Build Number: 5.5.1_84_DBN-55

HELP PLEASE!

I can't even imagine what's happening here. I've had Droids since the very day that the first Droid hit the market, and have flashed dozens of ROMS on many different phones... but I've never run into a situation like this one.
I've used 2 different USB cables, I have 2 batteries (one in a cradle charger at all times), and have used 2 computers - ALL with the same outcome.

I think if I could even just get to 905 with data and WiFi, I'd be happy, but I'd really, really like to get on a 2233 that works.

I've seen that eye dea works wonders, so hopefully he'll chime in, otherwise, ANYONE with experience with a partial brick like this or anyone with experience in any of this is more than welcome to chime in.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Psychlone

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I hadn't looked at your while post I'm late for work lol but have you tried rsd lite with the fxz file?

Nvm looks like you did...

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
I would start with a fresh install of the latest moto drivers and a fresh install of RSD lite.

Then just FXZ .902 and let wait for the .905 OTA to download flash via stock recovery and go from there.

OP
Psychlone

Psychlone

Reaction score
I would start with a fresh install of the latest moto drivers and a fresh install of RSD lite.

Then just FXZ .902 and let wait for the .905 OTA to download flash via stock recovery and go from there.

I forgot to mention that my ERI and PRL version was listed as n/a when I had no functioning radios at all...

Thanks DunDun, but I've done that at least 5 separate times successfully, and I still have no WiFi no matter what. I've FXZ'd back to 886 and added every update to 902, I've completely wiped the internal memory more times than I care to recount, and nothing seems to bring back WiFi - I haven't had WiFi since I was on 2233 leak.

I should say that the most recent time I FXZ'd to 902, I used the " newvrz_xt875_5.9.902.xt875.verizon.en.us_cfc_01.xm l.zip" which brought back the other radios so I now have data and an actual working phone, but WiFi refuses to turn on - shows "Error" and after clicking to toggle it on, it stays grey for 30 seconds and then reverts back to "Error".

I've seen quite a few people with the same problem and the only thing that keeps coming up that I think may be the issue is the kernel. Somehow, between 2233 leak, 2233 AOKP and then FXZ'ing back to 902 one of the first times I did it, I must have screwed something up.

For the record, I am now on:
System Version: 5.9.905
Webtop: WT-1.3.0-108_DBN-24
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-g4fc328e
Build Number: 5.5.1_84_DBN-74
...and I finally have an ERI version of 5 and PRL version of 15109.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
I forgot to mention that my ERI and PRL version was listed as n/a when I had no functioning radios at all...

Thanks DunDun, but I've done that at least 5 separate times successfully, and I still have no WiFi no matter what. I've FXZ'd back to 886 and added every update to 902, I've completely wiped the internal memory more times than I care to recount, and nothing seems to bring back WiFi - I haven't had WiFi since I was on 2233 leak.

I should say that the most recent time I FXZ'd to 902, I used the "newvrz_xt875_5.9.902.xt875.verizon.en.us_cfc_01.xm l.zip" which brought back the other radios so I now have data and an actual working phone, but WiFi refuses to turn on - shows "Error" and after clicking to toggle it on, it stays grey for 30 seconds and then reverts back to "Error".

I've seen quite a few people with the same problem and the only thing that keeps coming up that I think may be the issue is the kernel. Somehow, between 2233 leak, 2233 AOKP and then FXZ'ing back to 902 one of the first times I did it, I must have screwed something up.

For the record, I am now on:
System Version: 5.9.905
Webtop: WT-1.3.0-108_DBN-24
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-g4fc328e
Build Number: 5.5.1_84_DBN-74
...and I finally have an ERI version of 5 and PRL version of 15109.

Ok, so you got to .905 but no WIFI... have you sent PM's to timmy10shoes and eyedea?

OP
Psychlone

Psychlone

Reaction score
Ok, so you got to .905 but no WIFI... have you sent PM's to timmy10shoes and eyedea?

I pulled myself back out via an old Safestrap that was saved from a few weeks ago.
I ALWAYS make a backup before I flash anything, but no matter what I tried, without data or WiFi, I couldn't install Safestrap or even Bootstrap for the older backups.
I finally was able to revert back to 902, OTA up to 905 and then install Safestrap and use that (after installing and "creating" the safe side) to restore the backup I had made.

Unfortunately, I just keep running into all kinds of problems with either data, WiFi or the actual phone on any of the Unofficial CM9 nightlies. I realize this isn't necessarily the place to discuss this so I'll work my way through it.

I just reverted back to 902 just to test and still have no WiFi outside the CM9 (6/13 nightly) that I had on Safestrap as my main restore.
I've tried updating to 905 but still get "Error" on WiFi. This is after an FXZ back to 902, clearly wiping everything except the external SD.

So did I screw myself info a certain baseband or kernel that refuses to work with anything but the one CM9 (unofficial) that actually *mostly* works?

On a side note, I've read here and there about upgrading to the Razer Maxx via speaking with "tier 2 techs". Is there really a chance that I could ditch this Bionic in favor of a Razer Maxx if I got the right "tier 2 tech" on the phone?
My wife's Razer just received 4.04 and is fluid and EVERYTHING works. Upsets me to no end that I waited on the curb at the local Verizon store on release day for the Bionic just to be pushed behind everything that's come out after it. I had a PERFECTLY working Bionic - no data drops, no call drops, not even the famous "audio feedback" that plagued most everyone elses Bionic - until I opted into the 902 Soak test. After that, I completely understand what everyone else was complaining about, and I HATE it.

Anyway, thanks for the input guys.

Psychlone

Last edited: