Coming to a theater near you...Mad Max Fury Road

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Turn your speakers up loud and prepare to pick your jaw off the floor with the new trailer for "Mad Max: Fury Road".

This demented slice of vehicular mayhem combines spectacular stunt work and automotive action as the road warrior makes a long-awaited return to the big screen. "Fury Road" promises to be one of the most gobsmacking movies of 2015. "Out here everything hurts," intones Charlize Theron as Imperator Furiosa. "Now pick up what you can and run."

Tom Hardy of "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Warrior" replaces Mel Gibson as "Mad" Max Rockatansky. An ex-cop turned nomadic wanderer and all-round leather-clad badass, Mad Max roams the post-apocalyptic desert scrapping with marauding gangs of weirdos over precious "guzzle-leen". Hardy's joined by Theron, Zoe Kravitz and Nicholas Hoult in "a world of blood and fire".

"Mad Max: Fury Road" crashes into theatres on 15 May 2015. Start your engines...

Source: Warner Brothers

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was skeptical of this one before I saw this trailer. This looks fantastic! The cinematography is unique and has a sharp. almost hyperrealistic quality. Looking forward to this now!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was skeptical of this one before I saw this trailer. This looks fantastic! The cinematography is unique and has a sharp. almost hyperrealistic quality. Looking forward to this now!
Maybe it's just because it's been a few years since I watched anything Mad Max, but I feel like it fits the style well as far how some scenes are shot and the outfits/cars.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just because it's been a few years since I watched anything Mad Max, but I feel like it fits the style well as far how some scenes are shot and the outfits/cars.
Yeah... the direction and vision definitely fits the same style of the previous three Mad Max movies. What seems to distinguish this for me is the actual camera work. The angles, the lighting and the sharpness are unlike anything out right now. It's very rich and textured and full of vibrant color. I wonder if this was shot on some new high-tech camera?

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I really liked the earlier trailer, but this one is even better. Looks fantastic.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Looks good, I will check this out at the local Alamo fo sho.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I loved these films along time ago. I took some time last month to revisit one of them and couldn't finish watching it due to the cheesiness.

It's amazing how far movie tech has progressed in 20 years. I'm looking forward to seeing the new one.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I loved these films along time ago. I took some time last month to revisit one of them and couldn't finish watching it due to the cheesiness.

It's amazing how far movie tech has progressed in 20 years. I'm looking forward to seeing the new one.
The Road Warrior was the only one I liked.
Mad Max? Ok but Mel was about as good an actor as Chuck and Arnold.
Thunder Dome? An 80s advertisement for big hair and a Tina Turner music career comeback. Like Star Trek TNG it was dated at release time due to wardrobe and musical scores.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The Road Warrior was the only one I liked.
Mad Max? Ok but Mel was about as good an actor as Chuck and Arnold.
Thunder Dome? An 80s advertisement for big hair and a Tina Turner music career comeback. Like Star Trek TNG it was dated at release time due to wardrobe and musical scores.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Yup. Road Warrior was definitely the best. It's the only one I've watched multiple times and would/will watch again.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yea, I know I have to be the only one thinking: meh...
:D
It's usually the young whippersnappers that think "meh". Mad Max was the shight back in the day! Those of us who grew up with the original in the late 70s early 80s when these films came out, knew it was good stuff. Great action and awesome storyline....It didn't get much better than this. (Yeah, I'm showing my age now, but that's ok!) LOL!
Gonna be a long wait until this comes out in the summer!
(At least they aren't advertising and leaking the crap out of it like the next Star Wars, which doesn't come out until 2016!)

S5 tap'n