Come on Moto, unlock that Bootloader!

Cinoib

Reaction score
Right after I bought my Bionic I realize the Razr is on the cusp. And for a brief moment I thought about tossing the Bionic aside. However, the Razr looks to have the same screen as the Bionic. Granted a thinner phone would be nice but to toss $300 at a phone that's the same screen as the Bionic isn't for me just now. I'd even thought about the HTC Vigor (aka, thunderbold 2) because it has the 720 x 1270 screen (still only 4+").

The Pen Tile screen is a way to get by with less power. And to it's advantage, it's easier to see in the sunlight then Super Amoled Plus. But that new Nexus prime (removable battery???) most certainly has caught my eye.

What are you guy's going to do? Are you moved by the bigger screen and the shape of the Nexus over the Razr? Would you be moved if the Bootloader was unlocked??

I'm not a fan of the build quality of Samsung phones (plastic frames rather then metal). They creak and pop. Where as the Moto's are solid (but not quite as solid as the HTC's?).

Come on Moto, unlock the bootloader and you'll out sell the nexus prime and every other android out there in the blink of the weekend. Come on Moto..., you can do this! Make us happy! You're almost there!!! Just a little more and BAM, you'll put the Iphone purists in your sales figures!

silver6054

Reaction score
Right after I bought my Bionic I realize the Razr is on the cusp. And for a brief moment I thought about tossing the Bionic aside. However, the Razr looks to have the same screen as the Bionic. Granted a thinner phone would be nice but to toss $300 at a phone that's the same screen as the Bionic isn't for me just now. I'd even thought about the HTC Vigor (aka, thunderbold 2) because it has the 720 x 1270 screen (still only 4+").

The Pen Tile screen is a way to get by with less power. And to it's advantage, it's easier to see in the sunlight then Super Amoled Plus. But that new Nexus prime (removable battery???) most certainly has caught my eye.

What are you guy's going to do? Are you moved by the bigger screen and the shape of the Nexus over the Razr? Would you be moved if the Bootloader was unlocked??

I'm not a fan of the build quality of Samsung phones (plastic frames rather then metal). They creak and pop. Where as the Moto's are solid (but not quite as solid as the HTC's?).

Come on Moto, unlock the bootloader and you'll out sell the nexus prime and every other android out there in the blink of the weekend. Come on Moto..., you can do this! Make us happy! You're almost there!!! Just a little more and BAM, you'll put the Iphone purists in your sales figures!
I think you are vastly overestimating the size of the hacking community. Most android phone buyers never even root, they buy the phone they like and leave it that way.

OP
Cinoib

Cinoib

Reaction score
Ok, I got a little over zealous. I know, very few of us are willing to root the phones. I must admit, I had mine for a couple of weeks before I decided to root (what helped is when i found Petesroottools or whatever that unroot hack was).

But I still believe that when others see the benefits rooting offers, they are not quite as hesitant. Initially, you see all those warnings that so & so isn't responsible for a bricked phone -- even if you do the root procedure right -- the unwashed masses run from the idea. And I know those warnings have to be there just like my step ladder at home tells me not to stand on the top rung.

I do believe there are enough of us who know what rooting is and offers that even if it's a Pen Tile display rather then Super Amoled Plus, we'd flock to Motorola in droves from all corners of Android just to get an unlocked boot loader. And what's so strange is that Motorola and HTC have both openly declared that unlocked boot loaders are coming - just not right now i guess.

And, in a way, I get it that Motorola and HTC know that when we start screwing with our phones, we'll brick them and bring them back under warranty and expect the vendor to replace the phone. So we have the standoff. I just think with a little nudge Motorola might bring the unlocked boot loader into being.