com.noshufou.android.su

astrocortex

Reaction score
I have a 4kb app of this name: com.noshufou.android.su on my Droid X and am wondering what it is and whether or not I should remove it. I was thinking it was created by easyroot when it first became "known" and then subsequently removed from the market a week or two ago. But I'm very new to android and rerooted and uninstalled it and BusyBox almost immediately as I was only wanting to remove some of the bloatware and didn't quite understand how that worked. For what it's worth I didn't actually do anything aside from install them and then uninstall them later that day. I didn't touch any files or anything. I've also got some system issues like high ram and cpu usage if you wanted to aim me at a thread for that while you were here. I'm about to do another search for that, but links to gems are always appreciated.

nathan66669

Reaction score
This is an old post, but was never answered.
This is your super User process resultant from rooting your phone

qballrail

Reaction score
AVG anti-virus says its malicious. Can someone explain this?

I have a rooted Nook Color.

Thanks!

zombee

Reaction score
Rooting a phone escilates the privilages of the user. In a Linux based OS like Droid, this removes administrative controls to give you logical access paths to stuff the OS was designed to lock you out of. Basically it abuses the ACL/POSIX. That's why your anti-virus thinks it's malware. Actually, technically speaking it is malware, but it's malware that you put there. Hope that helps.