CM Won't install - Stops at about 20% during installation

TTDroidUser

Reaction score
I've been trying to install Cyanogenmod for the past hour with no luck.
I'm on the OTA GB and I rooted it.
I've enabled bootstrap recovery.
Then I got to ROM Manager and install ROM from SD Card and choose the .zip.
I'm using the official nightly downloaded straight from the cyanogen website.

But when I choose the .zip it shows me the red Motorola logo, then what appears to be the ROM installation screen comes up.
It's the android robot with a box with an arrow coming out of it with a status bar below it.
The bar fills about 20% then stops and does nothing
There is no text or anything, just the frozen bar and I have to reset using alt+shift+del to get back to the homescreen.

Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

havens1515

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the official nightlies are still based on the Froyo kernel. If you want to install it over the OTA GB, then you need to get the unofficial builds from ROM Toolbox, or from the Dev Thread:

[DEV_THREAD]Droid 2 CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel

EDIT: ROM Toolbox usually has newer builds than the Dev Thread

EDIT #2: ROM Toolbox is designed to work with CWM Recovery 2.5.0.8 right now. If you have installed 5.0.2, you can download from ROM Toolbox, but DO NOT install the ROM from ROM Toolbox. Download it, then reboot into recovery and flash from recovery.

Last edited:
OP
T

TTDroidUser

Reaction score
That worked! But now I'm stuck in a bootloop with the Cyangoen boot animation just looping. I think it may have been because I forgot to wipe data :/ I'll start the process over and wipe data this time and see how it goes

havens1515

Reaction score
You should be able to wipe data from the stock recovery.

Boot up while holding the X key on the keyboard. When it gets to the android with the "!" press both volume buttons. You can wipe data from there.