ClockworkMod Touch Recovery Now Available for OG Transformer and Transformer Prime

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;pgQ5qaCjR-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pgQ5qaCjR-8[/video]​

It looks like Koushik Dutta has been working hard and has a "new first" under his belt. He has made a ClockworkMod Touch Recovery version available to use on the original Transformer as well as the Transformer Prime. The excellent app has been available to a wide variety of phones for some time now, but this marks the first time that we have seen it for a tablet device. Here's a quote from the AndroidPolice article with the details (above is a video demo):

To get the touch-enabled ClockworkMod recovery on your device (currently version 5.8.1.8), make sure you're rooted, load up ROM Manager and click Flash ClockworkMod Touch. This ridiculously easy method is going to cost you a well-deserved $1.99 (in-app purchase, Paypal, or special code redemption). If you don't like that, you can figure out how to install recoveries manually from clockworkmod.com/rommanager - this option is completely free.

Source: TransformerForums via AndroidPolice

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Cool, I should be receiving my replacement TF101 on Tuesday; my first one was defective so I returned it. Hopefully the replacement one won't be plagued with bugs.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Just "installed" and booted into recovery. Touch CWM didn't show up, but my old recovery did :icon_eek: I'll try installing it again though.