Clockword Mod is here!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did click but received the same results of the one screen attachment (link above not sure why the screen shot did not display).

I do not believe that the app varies from rom to rom.
Mike

Reaction score
ok, so I have used clockwork mod many many many times with my Droid, but I flashed clockwork faslh inside of ROM manager and I try to do a backup and it fails to go into clockwork recovery. My question to you guys is those who have this up and running did you have to do anything abnormal, besides flashing the recovery and I have set advanced settings to advanced user and tried flashing the recovery about 5 times and still to no avail.......JZ

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, so I have used clockwork mod many many many times with my Droid, but I flashed clockwork faslh inside of ROM manager and I try to do a backup and it fails to go into clockwork recovery. My question to you guys is those who have this up and running did you have to do anything abnormal, besides flashing the recovery and I have set advanced settings to advanced user and tried flashing the recovery about 5 times and still to no avail.......JZ

I prefer SPR so I keep that flashed instead of CW. Other have done this:

Flash SPR then CW, then SPR then CW. If that does not work flash an older version of CW.

Let us know if either suggestion works.
Mike

Reaction score
ok this is what happens and not sure if this is why. I tried your methods of spr and cw, spr, cw but it dopes the same thing. Powers off and goes into android recovery, then tries to install the new update and of course fail due to root. So then I just reboot now and it never goes into cw recovery. Anyway around this? Do I have to unroot, update, re root (if so is it the same way) to make CW work. ARGG CW was always so super smooth with D1

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok this is what happens and not sure if this is why. I tried your methods of spr and cw, spr, cw but it dopes the same thing. Powers off and goes into android recovery, then tries to install the new update and of course fail due to root. So then I just reboot now and it never goes into cw recovery. Anyway around this? Do I have to unroot, update, re root (if so is it the same way) to make CW work. ARGG CW was always so super smooth with D1

The comments that I've highlighted in red worry me.

Is the Android recovery the stock recovery?

It appears you trying to install the OTA update. Is that your intent?

I'd like to verify that you have root. If you have a terminal emulator open and type SU the $ will shift to #.

What process did you use to root.

Mike

Reaction score
Yes the android recovery is the stock recovery, I am not trying to install the update although it seems like the phone is. I am trying to simply do a nandroid backup now that themes and roms are about to come out.

I most def am rooted, I am using wireless tether as I type here, disabled BING with Root Explorer, Frooze a ton of bloatware with Titanium and applied the Lag Fix. I used the ADB push from the WIKKI Rootz site.

Is there anyway to disable the stupid update and get into CW Recovery? I don't care about Verizon's update, for as some Devs are working on custom ROMS at the moment.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid with SPR. I know that SPR or CW will prevent the update from installing on the Droid. I imagine the same is true for the Droid 2 put not positive.

Reaction score
NO, I didn't do ODIN. I figured when I saw Fascinate as a selection inside of ROM manager it was all good. Weird that these new devices you have to go through tons of hoops to do what was simple on the OG Droid

zero7starz

Reaction score
So how would I do an install of CW on a fascinate from a MAC as Odin(sp?) is for Windows only (its a .exe). Thanks.

soba1

Reaction score
It is a simple replacement for your stock launcher. It is however very basic. That's what I mean by simple. It was intended to be a substitute for those that did not get the eclair home app with their 2.1 update. So now that most of us are running 2.2 and looking forward to 2.5 there are very few that would have need for it anymore. Also it costs 2.99

WTF ?

ROM Manager/ClockworkMod it an application that you install on a Rooted Android Device. It enables us to BACKUP/RESTORE complete system images of the device (operating system, all programs, all data) ... so .... if we screw our phones up while attempting various hacks we can quickly bring it back to a working state. Once you have rooted your phone you can locate this in the Market.

I purchased it way back for my moto droid. So thats cool to know, I am just waiting for a simple one click root.

thedymo

Reaction score
i flashed cm recovery using odin and every time i try to make a backup it fails...

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
i flashed cm recovery using odin and every time i try to make a backup it fails...

Are you using one click lag fix? If so undo it, do back up, then redo lag fix. Also I think all lag fix really does is fool quadrant. I dont know that it makes an actual difference. Not to jump off topic or anything.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

thedymo

Reaction score
I'm not using the lag fix. Ive heard bad things about it and the phone runs fine without it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk