Click2call #'s in contact notes?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by D3Gal, Aug 23, 2011.

1. D3Gal

D3Gal New Member

Hi! Bberry user here having a problem with Droid contacts. I put a lot of phone #'s into my Contacts' "notes" fields, because on the bberry they were click-to-call there. The builtin contacts app on my Droid3 doesn't recognize them as phone #'s, so cannot call them. Is there any setting to enable click-to-call parsing on all contact fields?

Or is there a different contacts app that can do it?
  2. The_Rick_14

The_Rick_14 New Member

Contacts can have multiple phone numbers. When you edit a contact, click on the plus circle across from Phone and it will add a field for a new number. You can then select a different label or select custom and type in your own.

I have a few Gamestop's in my area so I use custom labels to distinguish them from each other.
  3. D3Gal

D3Gal New Member

Thanks! I know that, but unfortunately it would be a huge data entry task to move all the phone numbers from the "notes" fields in my 423 contacts to custom fields. For example, I have one contact called "Restaurants" which has the to-go numbers for 14 different restaurants in its "notes".

Really, what I need is for the existing phone numbers to be detected and made click-to-callable. I'm totally willing to install a different contacts app, if someone knows of one that can do this.
  4. The_Rick_14

The_Rick_14 New Member

I was afraid of that when I wrote my reply.

In the event that you cannot find an app to help you with this, I would suggest going to http://contacts.google.com so that you can copy and paste the numbers easier using a computer than doing it on your phone. When I got my Droid 3 I did a major cleanup of my contacts. Adding email address, updating phone numbers, and selecting photos to around 300 contacts.

It will take some time (for 400+ contacts I would guess around 4 hours) and may take multiple sessions, but if you chip away at it you'll be done in no time.

I'm sorry I don't have a better solutions for you.
Search tags for this page

dial from notes field in contacts

select phone numbers in contacts in notes field on android