Chromecast bionic and Netflix

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I just got a new Chromecast device. I can not get the Netfix app to cast from my Bionic. Netflix functions from my laptop and my iPad. I found a Google help line number. The clueless rep had me do several things and then decided that the Bionic is not compatible, an known issue, but could not provide me with any documentation. Why did we just jump through all of these hoops if it is a known issue?

Does anyone have a Bionic that can cast Netflix on Chromecast?

Olhonda

Reaction score
It's the fault of Netflix. The ap senses the bionic and rolls back to an older version that is built it. You can Chromecast Netflix from the bionic in it's lapdock.

tyseft163

Reaction score
I just got a new Chromecast device. I can not get the Netfix app to cast from my Bionic. Netflix functions from my laptop and my iPad. I found a Google help line number. The clueless rep had me do several things and then decided that the Bionic is not compatible, an known issue, but could not provide me with any documentation. Why did we just jump through all of these hoops if it is a known issue?

Does anyone have a Bionic that can cast Netflix on Chromecast?

I have the same issue. Netlfix app won't show the Chromecast Icon and neither will Google Play Movies & TV app. Pretty disappointing. Google Play Music and YouTube work, but not those other two apps? WTH? My wife has RAZR M with ver 4.1.2 and she has no issues with any of the four apps.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
It should be criminal what Moto and now Google/Moto has done to Bionic owners. First we suffer some of the worst data issues in smart phone history. Fast forward and Chrome is beyond useless, and now you can not use ChromeCast. WTH?

Chrome and Chromecast work flawlessly on my first gen iPad. How in the $#@& can a first gen Apple device outperform a relatively newer android device on Google products?

tyseft163

Reaction score
Looks like an update to Google Play Movies & TV has that working now. Just need to get Netflix up to snuff