Chrome Sync...

Scribble

Reaction score
Has anyone out there gotten the syncing to work between chrome browsers? I can't seem to get either of them to talk to each other no matter what I do.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there gotten the syncing to work between chrome browsers? I can't seem to get either of them to talk to each other no matter what I do.

Well lets start with the basics and work our way up:

Have you signed into both browsers with the same gmail account? Also, when you sign into the mobile version, there is a prompt to put in your password that can be easily missed if not paying attention, double check the settings in the mobile chrome app itself and make sure you are properly signed in.

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
Well lets start with the basics and work our way up:

Have you signed into both browsers with the same gmail account? Also, when you sign into the mobile version, there is a prompt to put in your password that can be easily missed if not paying attention, double check the settings in the mobile chrome app itself and make sure you are properly signed in.

Both Chrome on my device, and Chrome on my laptop say they are signed in (and show me what they are syncing) but neither one sees the other.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So on the mobile Chrome, do you see in the bottom right hand corner the folder with two arrows when opening a new tab? And in the new tab on the desktop version there isn't a "Other Devices" menu?

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
So on the mobile Chrome, do you see in the bottom right hand corner the folder with two arrows when opening a new tab? And in the new tab on the desktop version there isn't a "Other Devices" menu?

They're both there, but when I look on my Bionic it tells me I should try chrome on the desktop, and when I click other devices on my laptop it just gives me a popup that says access chrome on all your devices learn more.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're both there, but when I look on my Bionic it tells me I should try chrome on the desktop, and when I click other devices on my laptop it just gives me a popup that says access chrome on all your devices learn more.

Odd, ok how about under account settings in the phone settings, tap on your gmail account, is Chrome checked there as well? Try hitting the settings button and hitting "Sync Now" and see what happens.

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
Interesting... it DOES seem to be syncing my bookmarks to my Bionic.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting... it DOES seem to be syncing my bookmarks to my Bionic.

So bookmarks show up, just not active webpages and recent pages etc? Odd.

Open up a webpage on both devices, force a manual sync on the Bionic, and see if you can see that webpage from the Bionic that's open on your laptop.

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
Well it looks like it synced bookmarks once... but changes I've made since that time have not been sync'd...

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
Seems like it's a Linux related issue... It works fine when I log into my windows install and login/sync from there... But it doesn't work on my Linux boot. Weird.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like it's a Linux related issue... It works fine when I log into my windows install and login/sync from there... But it doesn't work on my Linux boot. Weird.

Really? That's strange. Wonder why that is.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
On mine it shows bookmarks and also tabs I have open on my PC, so I can access them from the Bionic. It's actually very helpful to me since I'm prone to leaving about 30 tabs open on my home PC at any given time -- also saves the step of adding a page to Pocket or Chrome-to-Phone (which I guess is now obsolete).

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
Really? That's strange. Wonder why that is.

Maybe there's some security setting I'm missing in Linux that's blocking it?

Then again Google seems to be kind of forgetting about Linux lately... :(