Chrome ICS Input Method Not Working

Gumdrop

Reaction score
i installed google chrome and am trying to type something into a form (into the google search bar for example while on google.com) and it's like the phone doesn't recognize that im trying to type/use my keyboard input.

i click the empty form as normal so the phone knows i am about to type there, and the on-screen keyboard doesn't pop up, and when i slide out the QWERTY, the input method isn't working. this ONLY happens in google chrome?!

i attached a screenshot of what my screen looks like after clicking the Search Form on google.com, i get a blinking cursor but no input method, and the input method notification does not show up like normal View attachment 55365

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This is a known issue that I reported to moto and I am sure some others testers did the same. So we just have to wait for a fix.

OP
G

Gumdrop

Reaction score
This is a known issue that I reported to moto and I am sure some others testers did the same. So we just have to wait for a fix.

Okay thanks at least it's good to know it has been reported, very annoying issue! You think they would check that since they included chrome on the .215 leak i think, but when they released .217 leak they deleted chrome, i guess that's Moto's way of fixing problems...uninstall the app to hide the issue...lol