Choice of next theme...

Discussion in 'Stew1nc.' started by stewart1champ, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Armyof2

Armyof2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I totally agree with the thought of more of a stock look...Every theme has a black bar these days, I almost long for a white bar. I'd love to see something similar to the stock look with some flash to the icons and a pulldown transparency ...I could see accent colors in like a carolina blue

2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    as usual, your vision and abilities are well beyond my capabilities - nice job!! like BachinPhx said, if you can come up with some wallpapers (or hit jairomeo up for some) that compliment your theme, that would be the topper. personally, i always struggle to find wp's to match the theme.

anyway, i like where you're going with this. ...just as long as i can use my Huskers pulldown, i'm on board!!! :)

3. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    I think if you made your own version (but even better) of dark edge....it would beat the watermark'D....just ask CK :D

4. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. stewart1champ

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to show what I had on a couple RANDOM wallpapers.

6. khaf

khaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So no COD Modern Warfare 2 theme? sad face lol.Wish I had the time to learn Photoshop and theming.

7. stewart1champ

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing is anywhere near decided.... but seriously.. show me an icon I can use for....let's say youtube, to match COD, and I will consider it. Hehehe.

8. khaf

khaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll get on it. If anyone else on the forum wants to see a COD theme get him some icons:icon_ banana:

9. khaf

khaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I havent looked long Im waiting on a package and my computer is upstairs. Ill try to find some better examples later

Attached Files:

10. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love watermark'd so I was really excited when I saw you were planning to do a new theme. I have been browsing through iphone themes for a little inspiration since there are lots of people who have worked on it.

One idea I like is the cube theme. You already have a couple of cubish icons like youtube and facebook. A whole set of cube icons and some 3D cubish widgets might look pretty cool and could go well with a shelves style background. I think it would be cool to have a 3D kind of theme like this. The iphone cube theme appears to have very sharp cubes with the images sort of wrapped over the surface. You could go with this style or do something different like having transparent cubes that contain the icon similar to the one shown in the attached image (which I got from www.maxthemes.com).

The iphone Alienware Xenomorph Theme has a really cool look to it. It gives me an idea for a cool dark high tech style theme. Maybe you could add in some cool blue electricity effects or something throughout the theme. The ipod and app store icons he uses are in line with what I am thinking, something like the shazam icon could be used for the launcher. I think this would be a really popular and cool looking theme and is my favorite of the ones I suggest here.

Also I like the iphone glasklart theme (it can be seen on www.maxthemes.com). I like the semitransparent icon bgs. I personally would prefer it with color but the white does give a nice clean look. It is nice but might be too similar to stuff like incognito to be worthwhile.

I like how the images pop out of the frames on this black frame theme:
    Iphone Frame Black

Another thing that would be nice other than a whole new theme would be a watermark'd icon pack. I really like the icons you made and if I could get an ADW or bettercut icon pack to theme more of my icons that would be cool. Also you could sell it for a buck or two on the market and it would provide an easy way for people to send a little cash your way as thanks for your awesome themes. Keep up the good work!

Attached Files:

11. HuskerStorm

HuskerStorm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love where you are going with this Stewart! And I REALLY love Corinas idea of a darkedge type them, darkedge is beautiful but not user friendly in my opinion to get working....but whatever you do Stewart know I am in awe and wish I had the time and patience to make suck kick ass themes as yours :)

12. CNPalmer

CNPalmer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Minimalist Steampunk o_O

What about that Steampunk theme with some lighter colors to it?

Everyone is on the minimalist band wagon (including myself!) with the text icons and text widgets. It looks great, we;ve all seen the screenshots.

And there are already blues, greens, blacks, pinks, reds etc. for color choices and most of those are flashy/glassy look to them.

What about a more muted/softer tones using tans, browns and perhaps that same icon look as you did with the green overlays to it.

You still get that minimlaist feel/look with a completely different color option not done anywhere before.

I have that Nexusmod LWP that was created as well a while back with the tan Androidman wallpaper using whites and tans for colors too that you could throw in.

Just throwin it out.

Search tags for this page
alien ware icons pack
alienware icon pack android
cod theme
cool iphone themes
droid moto x marine corps
pictures of alienware icons for android
skull folder icons
steampunk theme for android

theme alien transparan android