Cheap easy way to car dock your Droiid

Reaction score
do you guys know of any good adhesives i can buy in a local shop that would hold up the main magnet piece on the dashboard? mine doesn't seem to stick well at all so i was wondering if there are any other adhesive options...

DroidCoug

Reaction score
do you guys know of any good adhesives i can buy in a local shop that would hold up the main magnet piece on the dashboard? mine doesn't seem to stick well at all so i was wondering if there are any other adhesive options...

it came with 3M brand adhesive, couldn't tell ya what strength. It was very thin and strong. Directions said once you place the mount, let it sit 3 hours before attaching your phone to it.

pilot25

Reaction score
If you don't care about your dashboard I would recommend "liquid nails". It's the strongest holding glue I have ever come across. However, your dash will be forever ruined.

wordweaver27

Reaction score
This is a great find and is the solution I've been looking for. Quick question though: Does anyone have a snap on back cover? Is it hard to snap it on and off or is it quick and easy?

The reason I ask is because I like my droid naked and really don't want to adhere anything to the back of it. I thought I might be able to attach the little piece of metal to the snap on cover and just leave it in the car. In other words: the poor woman's (or man's) Proclip.

ETA: Here's an example: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=11945&page=1

RandyL712

Reaction score
Honestly I don't even think the covers out there fit the Droid that well as it is, much less as a clip on/clip off sort of thing.

I put on the Body Glove cover, which has the option of the small round plug, and I just leave that on. Fits in my pocket just fine with it, and really locks into the Cellet holder when I get into the car.

DroidCoug

Reaction score
This is a great find and is the solution I've been looking for. Quick question though: Does anyone have a snap on back cover? Is it hard to snap it on and off or is it quick and easy?

The reason I ask is because I like my droid naked and really don't want to adhere anything to the back of it. I thought I might be able to attach the little piece of metal to the snap on cover and just leave it in the car. In other words: the poor woman's (or man's) Proclip.

ETA: Here's an example: Enter your location

haven't used that specific back case. I've used the vzw full poly case which made my droid way too bulky, and now I'm rockin the black Seidio Innocase, which is a lot thinner.

The VZW case I had to snap the back off all the time to fit into the multimedia dock, and it came off pretty easily when pulled at the tabs.

My suggestion, go down to a VZW store and ask to try the back cover on to see if you like it. It usually isn't a problem for them to open up case merchandise to try it on.
:greendroid:

c_law23

Reaction score
my problem is i dont really have an ideal place to put this mount. which i could find a suction sup with some kind of plate on it. that way i can apply the mount to the plate.... wheels are turning... im just not sure how motivated i am right now

xliderider

Reaction score
my problem is i dont really have an ideal place to put this mount. which i could find a suction sup with some kind of plate on it. that way i can apply the mount to the plate.... wheels are turning... im just not sure how motivated i am right now

Sounds like something discussed in this thread might be more suited to your needs, you would need the Motorola docking plate though:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ig-pstara-garmin-mount-works-great-droid.html

c_law23

Reaction score
that is pretty sweet but doesn't really help because it still is applied to the dash and the way my pathfinder is set up there isn't really a good flat place to stick it.

el1217

Reaction score
wow I used to have one of these on a phone I had about 7 years ago. I was just using it for mounting purposes so I wouldn't lose my phone. i forgot how much I liked it. Great find.

c_law23

Reaction score
apparently i didn't follow directions very well.. or pay attention.

so as has been covered it works with polarity. i want mine to go to car mode when i put it on. But with the way its set up from the package it sends my phone to multimedia mode. So i popped off the back and reversed the magnet but it is shaped to only fit in the hole with the polarity going the original way. So not its not flush with the front. I noticed on the OP's video his was flush, black and sent it into car mode. mine is pretty much the opposite. To put it in car mode it has to be sunk in may a cm or less and it uses the silver side of the magnet b/c the rubber sleeve around the magnet only fits around it when its facing the way it comes from the factory.

What am i missing?

Thanks.

nevermind. I'm an idiot. It's been a very very long bad day....