1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cheap easy way to car dock your Droiid

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by CYBER DROIID, Feb 17, 2010.

1. CYBER DROIID

CYBER DROIID New Member

2. drowe

drowe New Member

I use the same "mount" for my Slacker G1 and G2. I've been using it for several months in the heat and cold and it is as solid as the day I put it on.
  3. pyr02k1

pyr02k1 New Member

i'd try this, but i dont like the idea of sticking something to the back of the phone, or the wifes car (only place i need to use the navigation)... i might try it anyways, just a few bucks, doesnt hurt
  4. CYBER DROIID

CYBER DROIID New Member

Obviously this would be a great solution if you have a case and hate taking it off every time you get in the car to stick it in the Verizon car dock. Just stick the magnet on the back of the case and your off and running.
  5. Cobraboy1997

Cobraboy1997 New Member

Great idea! Appreciate you posting this as I have been looking for a slick way to mount my Droid in several different cars without a big mess.

Thanks,
  6. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

Interesting idea. I may give it a try. Thanks for posting.
  7. Zac7

Zac7 New Member

what phone case are you using? sorry to get off topic.
  8. ToddClark

ToddClark New Member

im just curious how strong that little magnet is. i drive a diesel truck, pretty tight suspension, so when i hit bumps, it transfers pretty abruptly thru the vehicle. The ease in which you pulled that from the dash magnet would have me to believe a good pothole in the road would have you picking the phone up out of the floorboard.
  9. CYBER DROIID

CYBER DROIID New Member

Todd it's not going to come off...........then again Iv seen you drive:icon_ devil:
  10. WebmastuhB

WebmastuhB New Member

Cool! Thanks for the video.

I just got my Droid a few days ago, so maybe this is a newbie question but - How does the phone know its docked? How did it know to automatically go to the "Car Driving Mode?"
  11. pyr02k1

pyr02k1 New Member

Magnets is simplest description. When it senses the magnet nearby the sensor, it goes into the car dock mode. I dont know much more then that :D
  12. WebmastuhB

WebmastuhB New Member

So its by design then? Hmmm. Interesting.

I've lived my whole life keeping strong magnets AWAY from electronic devices, computers, disk drives, monitors, etc. Usually putting magnets near said devices resulted in bad things.

No so with the invincible Droid, eh? Whoo hoo!
  13. pyr02k1

pyr02k1 New Member

Hahaha, I thought the same thing. I dont think we're talking very powerful magnets here... just a simple fridge magnet should do if I'm thinking right. But alas, I'm in the garage and dont feel like going to the kitchen for a magnet to see if I'm exactly right or not. someone else would know better really.
  14. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Whether or not a magnet is a problem depends on the specific thing you're talking about.
    Busting the Biggest PC Myths - PCWorld
  15. Mr. Premium

Mr. Premium New Member

This looks awesome! I don't like the idea of sticking something to my droid either. I might try and buy an extra battery cover or a case, and then stick the magnet to that.
  16. BigE"s DROID

BigE"s DROID New Member

I drive an f-250 plow truck and i just ordered a few of these....I let u no how strong the magnet is. Thanks for the post ive been lookin for somethin like this!
  17. bkdegraw

bkdegraw New Member

Thanks

Man, this seems like such a perfect alternative to big clunky mounts. I ordered one yesterday, will report.......
  18. Beanfire

Beanfire New Member

Just to let you guys know I got one of these and was worried at first since I live in a big city with A LOT of potholes, and to say the least it works GREAT! Holds on pretty tight and for the last month no falls.

Since its 3M I installed the base onto the stock motorola car mount since I have a seido case and even though it sticks out a 1/4 to 1/2 inch(which it needs to) it works great, I would highly recommend it to anyone! ENJOY!
  19. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

I to am worried about it coming off during a mean pot hole hit. However, I have been watching and watching this video over and over. As you pull it off it looks like you have to pull pretty hard due to a strong magnet. I am purchasing this right now. Great find and thank you very much for sharing it with us!!!!
  20. Pagaldesi4life

Pagaldesi4life New Member

nice find cyberdroid! i was close to ordering a dock and then came across this thread and i think this is a much better solution for people in search of something small and doesn't take up much space. like the previous posters, my only concern is how well will it hold up when facing the roads toughest obstacles..